O's finalize trade for OF Michael Bourn

xian4

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that folks get so caught up on Hader that they forget that was a first round pick the O's sent, not a second.

Huge cost.

You probably know this but I wasn't clear when I said "at 22." I meant 22-years-old (he was selected by Houston in the first round and was the 37th pick).

Jason Heinrich wasn't in the Top 20; maybe not even in the Top 30.

But in an organization lacking talent, he was one of the few legit power prospects in the system.

Agree. I like-ish Bourn for this club, but if Adam is healthy, where/when is Bourn going to play? And in the role that he'll play (probably pinch runner and defensive replacement), does he really have much more value than Borbon?

If Adam is out, this makes more sense. But if not, I'm not sure Bourn was even worth Heinrich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. I like-ish Bourn for this club, but if Adam is healthy, where/when is Bourn going to play? And in the role that he'll play (probably pinch runner and defensive replacement), does he really have much more value than Borbon?

If Adam is out, this makes more sense. But if not, I'm not sure Bourn was even worth Heinrich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My take as well. I probably like Bourn a little more than Borbon. No big deal about Heinrich. I hope Pearce doesn't lose AB's with the acquisition of Bourn/Stubbs though.

My take as well. I probably like Bourn a little more than Borbon. No big deal about Heinrich. I hope Pearce doesn't lose AB's with the acquisition of Bourn/Stubbs though.

Steve has done exactly what they acquired him to do (hit lefties), so I doubt he'll lose at bats.

The vibe from some of the writers was that Jones will be back shortly... That remains to be seen, but I trust them. They're embedded with the team, after all.

I think Bourn is honestly here just as a late-inning replacement/pinch runner. He'll take over for Trumbo or Kim (since he's a significant defensive upgrade to either) late in games.

Stubbs should find an immediate home playing LF against lefties, with Pearce in RF and Trumbo at DH.

Steve has done exactly what they acquired him to do (hit lefties), so I doubt he'll lose at bats.

The vibe from some of the writers was that Jones will be back shortly... That remains to be seen, but I trust them. They're embedded with the team, after all.

I think Bourn is honestly here just as a late-inning replacement/pinch runner. He'll take over for Trumbo or Kim (since he's a significant defensive upgrade to either) late in games.

Stubbs should find an immediate home playing LF against lefties, with Pearce in RF and Trumbo at DH.

Steve's arm issue may preclude him from playing much outfield.

I don't really understand this move. Bourn is more or less a replacement-level player, and his on-base skills are abysmal.

Abysmal? He has as many stolen bases himself as the rest of the team combined. He's immediately the fastest player on the team as soon as he's in uniform.

I don't think he's some great player but if he has one thing going for him, it's his base running ability IMO.

Abysmal? He has as many stolen bases himself as the rest of the team combined. He's immediately the fastest player on the team as soon as he's in uniform.

I don't think he's some great player but if he has one thing going for him, it's his base running ability IMO.

I was actually referencing his ability to get on base. But, you might be surprised about his base-running this year. He has a -1 Rbaser on the year. He hasn't had a positive one since the 2013 season.

I was actually referencing his ability to get on base. But, you might be surprised about his base-running this year. He has a -1 Rbaser on the year. He hasn't had a positive one since the 2013 season.

Ahh.. my fault, misunderstood.

Oh well, I'd rather see him then Reimold at this point.

Archived