Why Not?

brianod

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember how the first game of the last series at Rogers Center, the stands were packed and the Jays fans were insane, and then the next two games as the Orioles won you could have heard a pin drop?

That is *exactly* what I want to see tomorrow, that stunned silence. Especially for what could be Bautista and Encarnacion's last games as Blue Jays.

Remember how the first game of the last series at Rogers Center, the stands were packed and the Jays fans were insane, and then the next two games as the Orioles won you could have heard a pin drop?

That is *exactly* what I want to see tomorrow, that stunned silence. Especially for what could be Bautista and Encarnacion's last games as Blue Jays.

Offense has to set the tone in the first inning. Make Stroman work. Let Tillman and MW get a feel for the strikezone. I'm worried about how the umps are influenced in home playoff games. Anyone see that on Real Sports. In the STL/TEX WS, STL got 14 strike calls that were balls and TEX only got two.

This video helped cement my love of the O's at a very young age. My grandmother would rent this video from Blockbuster and I would watch it continuously in the early 90's. Still brings back amazing memories for me.

To me, this is being a bird fan.

Dude, I was the exact same way. Born in 85 so I don't remember 89 at all, but we owned the thing and I watched it a hundred times. Could probably recite the thing. Crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This video helped cement my love of the O's at a very young age. My grandmother would rent this video from Blockbuster and I would watch it continuously in the early 90's. Still brings back amazing memories for me.

To me, this is being a bird fan.

I never had the video, just stumbled across it on Youtube. But watching it brought back memories for sure. It was an amazing season. Just a great team that was more than the sum of its parts. Probably my favorite season even though we came up short.

1989 was my first year following the O's.

I still remember the pain as a kid listening to the car radio on a road trip back from a wedding in Pennsylvania as the game fell apart.

I still loved that team, though. Second favorite O's team behind 2012.

And Dave Johnson stepping on a nail. And the usually reliable Mark Williamson being unable to come through. And, of course, Ben McDonald throwing a gem the day after the season ended for the O's. I can't remember much from when I was 12, but that weekend is etched in my mind.

Williamson threw 107.1 innings that year. Including these innings that week:

9/25 Mon 1.2

9/27 Wed 2.0

9/29 Fri 0.2

And threw an inning in that Saturday game. I think his arm was just mush, and likely fell off after blowing that save. Frank Robinson just went to him one too many times.

Archived