Hope Buck is willing to pinch hit for Schoop, Trumbo, or Davis if the situation calls for it

FanSince88

Yeah sure, pinch hit for Davis. Never going to happen. That is Buck's boy even though he strikes out every time up. Great signing for the team. Nobody else wanted him so I guess we felt sorry for him and gave him a job. He absolutely kills this team most nights and seems like nobody cares.

Probably not the best signing, but we do have a gold glover at 1st that makes it look easy instead of Reynolds, who made every play look difficult. Davis seems like a good team guy and when he is on, he is on. I didnt feel like looking up stats, but then I changed my mind.

Davis is 25th in MLB in runs, 15th in the AL

10th in MLB for HR, 7th in the AL

33rd in the AL for RBI

11th in MLB for walks, 5th in the AL

1st in strike outs

36th in the AL for SLG

He really doesnt hit into many DP, strikes out a lot and hits for a low average. But if you look at what he does do well, I would take the guy over most in baseball. Probably top 10 at first.

So before you get all crazy, who are you going to replace him with that beats his 3.1 war this season? Although his dwar is -0.01 which I find strange watching him every day. Maybe someone who understands advanced metrics can explain the reason behind that.

Although his dwar is -0.01 which I find strange watching him every day. Maybe someone who understands advanced metrics can explain the reason behind that.

I wouldn't call him a Gold Glover. Davis has made some outstanding catches at first, but he's also botched some routine plays this year too. 9 errors at first this year (6 fielding, 3 throwing), a career high.

Probably not the best signing, but we do have a gold glover at 1st that makes it look easy instead of Reynolds, who made every play look difficult. Davis seems like a good team guy and when he is on, he is on. I didnt feel like looking up stats, but then I changed my mind.

Davis is 25th in MLB in runs, 15th in the AL

10th in MLB for HR, 7th in the AL

33rd in the AL for RBI

11th in MLB for walks, 5th in the AL

1st in strike outs

36th in the AL for SLG

He really doesnt hit into many DP, strikes out a lot and hits for a low average. But if you look at what he does do well, I would take the guy over most in baseball. Probably top 10 at first.

So before you get all crazy, who are you going to replace him with that beats his 3.1 war this season? Although his dwar is -0.01 which I find strange watching him every day. Maybe someone who understands advanced metrics can explain the reason behind that.

Would have been a very reasonable sign at 5/100. 7/161 not so much. We are going to dread years 5-7 of the contract. There's also always the possibility of a 2014 type year while he's still in his prime. High risk, low reward when you factor in his limitations.

For the next six games and the playoffs, if we are behind in the late innings and need to get a runner in from third with less than two out, I really hope Kim is an option off the bench as a pinch hitter for Schoop, Trumbo, or Davis.

You meant Reimold. Reimold.

Archived