I just got to wonder

fansince71

I am not sure, in these recent years, you can pin too much onto Peter, he isn't the same as he used to be.

I am beating a dead horse and his family but I still get frustrated that he could have used the CD money to improve the team and he didnt. I am sorry but that just sticks in my craw.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am beating a dead horse and his family but I still get frustrated that he could have used the CD money to improve the team and he didnt. I am sorry but that just sticks in my craw.

Oh well. At least they did not spend it on Heyward and Jeff Samardzija.

And if he didn't resign him, what message does it send to the guys like Manny on the team looking for their next contract?

I think the issue with Chris might be close to 50-50, for every fan that was against it, there were those fans that was in favor.

Chris is still putting up a 3.1 WAR this season, and he leads the team in winning hits, so can you really say, the contract is wrong, and I am talking currently and not what might happen in the future.

I assume Buck retires after 2018 and Duquette is gone as well. I would like to see a Manager and GM in waiting brought on board this off season or next. A Klentak type for the front office and a Luvollo type bench coach so that a seamless transition could be made. I know it's not the Oriole Way but smart money says it should be.

Brady replaces DD. Who replaces Buck is the biggest question. Wonder if Jim Leyland would want to manage, or Tony La Russa/ Davy Johnson.

Brady replaces DD. Who replaces Buck is the biggest question. Wonder if Jim Leyland would want to manage, or Tony La Russa/ Davy Johnson.

As much as I like Brady and know that he has been gloom for this role, he is still a large unknown, until sitting in the hot chair.

When the time needs to come to fill Buck's seat, I think it needs to be younger blood. IMO

The 2014 team was deeply flawed too and it nearly made it to the World Series.

Baseball playoffs are a crapshoot. You get in and anything can happen. Never root to miss the MLB playoffs. Save that for the NBA.

A crapshoot yes, but we all know its the team playing the hottest at the end of the year that usually wins it. We've dropped 7 out of our last 9 in our division and got 5 more of those games to go. If we get pummeled by the Jays and MFY's and go home i'm just saying, maybe then we have a better plan this off season, is all.

By that same thought process, $30m could be used better instead of Jimenez, Gallardo and Miley. Can't fix terrible signings/bad scouting/poor approaches to offseasons.

And if he didn't resign him, what message does it send to the guys like Manny on the team looking for their next contract?

I think the issue with Chris might be close to 50-50, for every fan that was against it, there were those fans that was in favor.

Chris is still putting up a 3.1 WAR this season, and he leads the team in winning hits, so can you really say, the contract is wrong, and I am talking currently and not what might happen in the future.

Of the 16000 fans that sit in the seats, 70 percent were for it.

Archived