Twas the Night Before Clinchmas

Orioles4Life21

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does that guarantee a wild card or just a spot the game to determine 2nd wildcard?

Anyway, just win O's!

If we win and the Tigers lose (but the Jays win), we could still finished tied atop the wild card. Since we lost the tiebreaker already, we'd play in Toronto.

If we win and AND the Jays lose (but the Tigers win), we clinch home field for the WC game. We will be 2 up on TOR and still 1.5 up on DET. They could technically tie us from that point on, but we own the tie breaker.

Basically if we win and the Blue Jays lose tomorrow, we get to see the Wild Card game at Camden Yards.

Does that guarantee a wild card or just a spot the game to determine 2nd wildcard?

Anyway, just win O's!

If we win, Sea can't beat or tie us leaving two teams alive only one of which we need to beat out - Det and Tor. So if we win and Tor loses, we're at least the fifth seed (and I actually think the

fourth seed because of head-to-head with Det). If we win and Det loses, Det can't beat us out. We got this!!!!

If we win and the Tigers lose (but the Jays win), we could still finished tied atop the wild card. Since we lost the tiebreaker already, we'd play in Toronto.

If we win and AND the Jays lose (but the Tigers win), we clinch home field for the WC game. We will be 2 up on TOR and still 1.5 up on DET. They could technically tie us from that point on, but we own the tie breaker.

Basically if we win and the Blue Jays lose tomorrow, we get to see the Wild Card game at Camden Yards.

If the Tigers finish 1/2 a game back, would they play the 162nd game? The makeup game with Cleveland?

Beat me to it...and said it better than I did!

If the Tigers finish 1/2 a game back, would they play the 162nd game? The makeup game with Cleveland?[/QUOT

Only if it matters to them getting in. If Det has clinched the no. 5 seed (i.e. they win the next two and TOR loses the next two with us winning at least one more) then no.

If the Tigers finish 1/2 a game back, would they play the 162nd game? The makeup game with Cleveland?[/QUOT

Only if it matters to them getting in. If Det has clinched the no. 5 seed (i.e. they win the next two and TOR loses the next two with us winning at least one more) then no.

Unless home field for the CLE-BOS series is still up in the air.

All we need is a win and EITHER a Jays or a Tigers loss. And then we all party. If we win, we get to kick back and watch the Tigers and Jays play at 7 with their seasons on the line. Let's get it done!

You're going to have eggnog all over your face if we lose out. ;)

Get it? :)

Archived