Mental Toughness to be Tested Tomorrow

ReclaimTheCrown

I thought something was wrong with my TV when I saw Miley start the 7th. The way he struggled in the 5th and 6th, the O's were very lucky to have the lead. I personally would have like to seen him removed after the 5th. 5 innings/1 run is a game I will take from Miley every day. Maybe Brach would have blown it anyway, but the O's would have had a decent chance of winning.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought something was wrong with my TV when I saw Miley start the 7th. The way he struggled in the 5th and 6th, the O's were very lucky to have the lead. I personally would have like to seen him removed after the 5th. 5 innings/1 run is a game I will take from Miley every day. Maybe Brach would have blown it anyway, but the O's would have had a decent chance of winning.

Exactly. Would have liked to see that too.

I've had sinking feeling for weeks the Yankees would eliminate the O's. It has a very good chance of happening. I don't trust our offense. They came up tiny today.

o

You can put those fears to rest.

1) ) The Orioles beat the Yankees today.

2) ) The Orioles won the series from the Yankees today.

3) ) The Orioles won the season series from the Yankees (10 games to 9.)

4) ) The Orioles knocked the Yankees out of the post-season earlier this week.

5) ) The Yankees DID NOT knock the Orioles out of the post-season.

That's a list that I could look at for hours.

o

o

You can put those fears to rest.

1) ) The Orioles beat the Yankees today.

2) ) The Orioles won the series from the Yankees today.

3) ) The Orioles won the season series from the Yankees (10 games to 9.)

4) ) The Orioles knocked the Yankees out of the post-season earlier this week.

5) ) The Yankees DID NOT knock the Orioles out of the post-season.

That's a list that I could look at for hours.

o

Ahhh.... that was therapeutic. I might print it out and just look at it again whenever I feel down.

o

They Won and got it Done: Oriole Beat Yankees to Clinch Wild Card Spot

(By Steve Melewski)

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2016/10/they-won-and-got-it-done-os-beat-new-york-to-clinch-wild-card-spot.html

o

Although this thread was directly citing the final game of the season against the Yankees, the Orioles have a very similar test/game of pressure against the Blue Jays tonight ........ it's win, or go home.

Machado: "We've got 27 Outs to do Business"

(By Roch Kubatko)

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/10/machado-weve-got-27-outs-to-do-business.html

o

They Won and got it Done: Oriole Beat Yankees to Clinch Wild Card Spot

(By Steve Melewski)

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2016/10/they-won-and-got-it-done-os-beat-new-york-to-clinch-wild-card-spot.html

o

Although this thread was directly citing the final game of the season against the Yankees, the Orioles have a very similar test/game of pressure against the Blue Jays tonight ........ it's win, or go home.

Machado: "We've got 27 Outs to do Business"

(By Roch Kubatko)

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/10/machado-weve-got-27-outs-to-do-business.html

o

A lot was riding on that Yankee game on the final day of the regular season ........ that's the price that you pay when you don't take care of business the day before (when they Yankees beat the Orioles.)

A lot is riding on tonight's game ........ that's the price that you pay when you get swept all 4 games on your home field by a division rival late in the season, and don't win your division.

It's scary for the Oriole fans, and maybe for the Orioles players, also. But at least they have a shot, albeit not the kind of shot that we all would have preferred.

Archived