Better than they thought: take 5

25 Nuggets

Today marks the fifth consecutive season where the predictors got the Orioles final record wrong -- i.e. below their season total. Even the 81-81 season, was predicted in the low-mid 70s. Three of those five teams have made the playoffs.

Keep doing what you do Orioles. :thumbsup1:

The projectors were wrong yet again about this team. I think it gets beyond error at this point and there is clearly something missing from their models.

And this is for the OH members that wanted to bury this team about 17 times over the course of the season. SHOW YOURSELVES, THE O's ARE IN THE POSTSEASON!!!

[video=youtube;UMdmWjtDRPE]

The projectors were wrong yet again about this team. I think it gets beyond error at this point and there is clearly something missing from their models.

And this is for the OH members that wanted to bury this team about 17 times over the course of the season. SHOW YOURSELVES, THE O's ARE IN THE POSTSEASON!!!

[video=youtube;UMdmWjtDRPE]

I don't think they have the courage to either change their models or admit they were wrong. I guess we were just lucky again. The same guys who predicted we wouldn't make the playoffs willclaim they were right whenever we lose the next game or series.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I don't think they have the courage to either change their models or admit they were wrong. I guess we were just lucky again. The same guys who predicted we wouldn't make the playoffs willclaim they were right whenever we lose the next game or series.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

This is a somewhat well-thouhgt ought response by the modelers that doesn't quite make the argument it hopes to.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-orioles-and-accepting-random-variation

Archived