Poll: Fireable Offense?

VeveJones007

Was not pitching Britton in the WC game a fireable offense for the O's manager?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Was not pitching Britton in the WC game a fireable offense for the O's manager?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

It's not black and white. The manager doesn't do one thing and then serve a penalty based on its outcome. Buck Showalter made a poor decision but he carries this team farther than he drags it backward. Surely someone remembers the carousel of managers leading up to Buck's hire. You do not want to go that way.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not black and white. The manager doesn't do one thing and then serve a penalty based on its outcome. Buck Showalter made a poor decision but he carries this team farther than he drags it backward. Surely someone remembers the carousel of managers leading up to Buck's hire. You do not want to go that way.

Agreed.

But it sucks that Miley and Jimenez decisions are the last 2 that have screwed the O's.

Buck needs to: learn how to have a quicker hook and have a sense of urgency.

Some teams have done that kind of knee-jerk reaction before and more often than not, they pay for it in spades.

Well said.

We were a beaten down franchise with no pulse. He came in and changed the culture. Great clubhouse. I have never thought we underachieved. He gets credit for that.

Do you know that among all 30 MLB teams, the Orioles had the second most number of players who were named to an All-Star at some point in their careers only behind the Boston Red Sox. http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/MLB/2016-misc.shtml Contrary to what people think, this team has a lot of talent. A good number of managers would have been able to win games with this roster over the last several years.

If this poll isn't 10-1 in favor of "no," I'll be disgusted. Buck has done a Grade A job of managing this team since he took over, and one bad inning is not grounds to even think about firing him.

For the record, even though I started a Buck needs to go thread... I did vote no in this poll. I do question if we'll ever be able to win a WS with him but who are we going to get better over the regular season?

No, Buck should absolutely not be fired.

However, tonight is a major tarnish on his rep. There is really no way around it- this may be the worst night of his career.

Agreed. The decision blew up in our faces and deserves to be second guessed. But to suggest that it is a fireable offense is a little absurd, IMO.

Archived