Poll: Fireable Offense?

VeveJones007

Was not pitching Britton in the WC game a fireable offense for the O's manager?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Was not pitching Britton in the WC game a fireable offense for the O's manager?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

If this poll isn't 10-1 in favor of "no," I'll be disgusted. Buck has done a Grade A job of managing this team since he took over, and one bad inning is not grounds to even think about firing him.

Funny. The reaction by the national media and other baseball is 10-1 in favor of firing him and no they aren't Orioles haters who want the Orioles to spiral down the toilet.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buck is who he is. He wasn't a good manager of the bullpen before we hired him' date=' and hasn't been after we hired him. I wouldn't fire him now over it, this is who we were getting.[/quote']

Not a good manager of the bullpen? You are out of your mind! We've had the most consistent bullpen in the majors the last five years and Buck is a huge reason why.

He won't be fired, but I'm at least glad people are waking up to the fact Buck makes a lot of terrible, costly mistakes with his lineups and bullpen.

He's a good manager who's not good enough to lead good teams to the World Series. That's why he's been fired 3 times before.

I still think the Orioles should have made the playoffs in 2013 if Buck hadn't stuck with Jim Johnson too long at closer. The decision to leave Wade Miley in too long against the Yankees last week put the Orioles in a position to play the Wild Card game on the road to begin with.

I think the Orioles should part ways with Buck if the organization wants to have a chance to advance deep into the playoffs and win a World Series. Unfortunately, that won't happen for at least another season.

Funny. The reaction by the national media and other baseball is 10-1 in favor of firing him and no they aren't Orioles haters who want the Orioles to spiral down the toilet.

They are saying he should be fired? Or are they just ripping him??

Not a good manager of the bullpen? You are out of your mind! We've had the most consistent bullpen in the majors the last five years and Buck is a huge reason why.

How come the conventional wisdom in baseball circles is that baseball managers have a very small impact on a team's win-loss record yet Buck always seems to get a lion's share of the credit for the team's success?

Could you post a link to someone in the media saying Buck should be fired for this?

I feel like this is just a bit of hyperbole. I don't think you can back up the 10-1 in "national media and other baseball." I think very few reputable national media members would make that leap.

Yeah, people defending Buck just don't get it. He's been making poor decisions based on his personal feelings all year long. Actually, it's been going on for the last several years but it's really reared his head with the way he handled the Kim situation. This is the same guy who ran off A-Rod and then Alfonso Soriano in Texas. A leopard doesn't change its spots.

Also in 2013 buck blew the season by running Jim Johnson out there game after game when it was clear he didn't have it.

How come the conventional wisdom in baseball circles is that baseball managers have a very small impact on a team's win-loss record yet Buck always seems to get a lion's share of the credit for the team's success?

We were a beaten down franchise with no pulse. He came in and changed the culture. Great clubhouse. I have never thought we underachieved. He gets credit for that.

Archived