The October Clutch Gene

JR Oriole

I appreciate that you see the problems with SSS judgement, but then you seem to justify it anyway. The world is not fixed. Logic has already changed views of things like Wins or Innings Pitched or Batting Average. There is nothing about our hitters that would make them play below their skill level in the playoffs going forward. They aren't chokers. There is no evidence that they are, because anyone drawing conclusions based on 20 games of baseball would draw all the wrong conclusions.

I get that it's frustrating to see us come up short. Let's just not let losing lead us into the grasp of bad logic. We've flipped the coins a few times and gotten bad results. Let's not blame the coin. Baseball is a game of failure.

I can see the argument more with our guys in terms of the sample size. But for someone like David Price, at what point do we dismiss the argument that the sample size is small and argue that this dude has a real hard time handling the pressure of the postseason? Another terrible start for him today.

Archived