Maryland vs. Georgetown (Verizon Center)

Oriole4Life

My favorite game of the year! I'm a fan of both teams (born at Georgetown Hospital and raised in Chevy Chase).

Let's see what the Terps can do. I'm working from home and will be watching live. Would like to see less turnovers, better shooting, and perhaps more of an inside game. Maybe Justin Jackson can finish near the rim. Not sure if Cekovsky is playing, but if he isn't then Dodd is going to need to defend Jessie Govan. And would like to see Nickens and Wiley get more involved in the offense. Hoyas have a transfer from Robert Morris named Rodney Pryor who exploded for 32 points his first game. Need to guard him.

Cowan is an excellent dribbler and passer. Not a bad scorer either. He could be something special. Liking Jackson's rebounding ability and overall athleticism.

Good game so far. I see this going down to the wire. Evenly matched teams. Pryor playing a bit out of control for the Hoyas.

These refs are so bad.

Nickens is so bad.

Nickens misses a criminal amount of open threes. At least his defense looked good from what I saw.

Despite the growing pains, will take this team over last year's squad. These guys seem smarter and more team oriented. Love the passing.

I swear Nickens shoots the ball too quickly. His release is rushed.

I liked seeing some of Wiley's dribbling early on but his shot is way off. He needs to get back into basketball shape both physically and mentally. Bender hustles, I like his effort and size.

There have indeed been some questionable calls by the refs, it has gone both ways though at least as far as I can tell.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Mayo coming back from injury could have his debut in Baltimore delayed. 
    • Wasn't a huge fan of his swing for that last out today but coming in to pinch hit with 2 outs isn't easy.
    • Interpreting Malike's comment that way is theoretically possible, but I didn't take it that way--didn't feel that shade was being thrown on me at all. But thanks for the concern.
    • People are being a bit ridiculous with the holier than thou takes criticizing a little humor. I am not saying what happened couldn’t cause a significant concussion, but it would be a bit of a fluke if it did. Mullins barely hit him with the bat and he had a helmet on. The fact that it was in the back of the head did make him more vulnerable, but this wasn’t the type of thing you see and think he was lucky to be alive.  Guys have probably hit their heads harder on the top of the dugout or on the fence making catches.  And note this comes from someone whose son has suffered severe concussions and who is well aware of the dangers associated with them. In short, people need to lighten up a bit on guys like Roy.  It was a little gallows humor. 
    • Yeah, you read that wrong. LA2 is one of my favorite posters here and he knows it. No harm, no foul. If you aren't familiar with the game threads, it doesn't matter what the team is doing, people complain about it and people did make that same joke in the game thread long before Roy said it here. Game thread in summary - when the O's are not doing well, it's insufferable, when they are doing well, it's mildly less insufferable. There, that wasn't hard. I'd appreciate it if you didn't assume I'm throwing shade at people. I'll leave that up to you to do, you're really good at it.
    • Comp a. Like Gunnar, and beavers…
    • Wasn't Westburg a 2nd round draft pick?  It's a little early to judge last year's draft.
  • Popular Contributors