Maryland vs. Georgetown (Verizon Center)

Oriole4Life

Wow! Huerter's defense is amazing!!!!! He hit a gigantic three as well which essentially started the comeback. Off the assist from Cowan, who is a baller.

Great game, exactly what I envisioned. That's a good Georgetown team, I think they are a tournament team. But the Terps are strong too!

Glad I recorded that.

Wow, one of the best games I've ever seen and the best comeback ever by the Terps. Love this team. Cowan, Huerter and Jackson are all going to be amazing! This team looks unselfish, smart, and clearly never gives up! It's like the anti-last year team!

Wow, one of the best games I've ever seen and the best comeback ever by the Terps. Love this team. Cowan, Huerter and Jackson are all going to be amazing! This team looks unselfish, smart, and clearly never gives up! It's like the anti-last year team!

This freshman class is special. They won the game tonight.

Love the heart by Maryland. With the horrible officiating and everything I'm glad they won that. Feel bad for Georgetown because they perhaps, "needed that," more than the Terps but they couldn't handle Maryland's press down the stretch. That's why they lost. By the way, I've been calling for JT3 to be fired for years. He never gets the most out of his players, I find him to be a horrible motivator. He's not the one turning the ball over, but still...

Anyway, spectacular win by the Terps! I think this team can be something special. The three freshmen look legit and with Trimble doing his thing and contributions from the bench, watch out. Still need to cut down on the turnovers and shoot better from beyond the arc. Gonna need guys like Nickens and Wiley to contribute if we really want to make some noise. Dodd's defense is strong, just wish we could get a bit more from him down low.

Maryland has a chance to go undefeated for a while. I'll see you guys throughout the season.

Love the heart by Maryland. With the horrible officiating and everything I'm glad they won that. Feel bad for Georgetown because they perhaps, "needed that," more than the Terps but they couldn't handle Maryland's press down the stretch. That's why they lost. By the way, I've been calling for JT3 to be fired for years. He never gets the most out of his players, I find him to be a horrible motivator. He's not the one turning the ball over, but still...

Anyway, spectacular win by the Terps! I think this team can be something special. The three freshmen look legit and with Trimble doing his thing and contributions from the bench, watch out. Still need to cut down on the turnovers and shoot better from beyond the arc. Gonna need guys like Nickens and Wiley to contribute if we really want to make some noise. Dodd's defense is strong, just wish we could get a bit more from him down low.

Maryland has a chance to go undefeated for a while. I'll see you guys throughout the season.

I was there, courtsideish.

I conceded defeat with five minutes left. Then Trimble took over and did his thing.

The second, third, and fourth best players on team (in no particular order) are Cowen, Huerter, and Jackson. I'm confident in saying this two games in.

That is a good thing.

That's pretty weak on the protestors part. Let people enjoy basketball geez.

I just wanted to point out that this was purely a political post (ArtVanDelay). Nothing to do with the lack of fans at the game. My buddies got slowed a bit coming from Northern Virginia (due to the protests), but there was nothing slowing anyone coming from MD or NW DC (Georgetown) from getting to the game.

I think the early game time had something to do with it. Also most college (UMD) students probably have little interest in paying $50 to $200 to watch a game 20 miles away when they can watch homes games for a fraction of the price.

The poor attendance reflects the lack of passion from the Georgetown student body and alumnus. We've seen half empty Verizon Centers at the BB&T Classic. This is nothing new. DC is one of the worst basketball (and sports cities in general) cities in the country.

Listened to Johnny Holiday complaining about the officiating on the radio and sounds like he was right. I caught the end of the second half and yea I thought it was a loss as well. Georgetown definitely helped us out, but those kids never quit. Was great to see such an awesome finish.

I'm watching the end of Georgetown vs. #13 Oregon in Maui. Wow, this is one of the strangest games.

With 57.2 seconds left,

Bill Walton:"John Thompson the 3rd is pulling his hair out. He had hair when this game started."

With 38.9 seconds left,

Bill Walton: "If they don't win this game, the Georgetown players will forever look into the mirror with shame and embarrassment."

Pretty sure Bill Walton has some rum-&-gatorade in his mug.

Archived