Learning about the minors

I have been curious about ways to become more educated on the minor leagues, and I was wondering if the people on this board who are well informed on the minor leagues could help me learn how to become well rounded in this area. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• You are right, slumps happen and things will be fine    I still think it’s time to give Mayo a look.  The guy can rake - play Westy at 2nd….Urias isn’t bringing much special to the table.   The problem with that is dropping Urias likely isn’t reversible. And we know Elias doesn’t like that.  
    • Fair enough but there’s a mountain of a diff Between the opportunity Holliday got and Kjerstad’s
    • Accurate.  Would have repped this but I'm out, apparently.  
    • The lack of power of Beavers is a concern.  It’s a bit of a concern with Holliday too. 
    • Mullins does outperform his expected numbers quite frequently and while he's in one of his patented slumps, his "run values" as a player makes him right about average, mainly because his defense at a valued position up the middle is so good. The Orioles don't have one single player in Double-A of higher who can play plus defensive center field besides Mullins. that's going to give him a long leash on his offensive struggles. Most players are streaky. Some fans seem to only have a 3-4 week tolerance for players who struggle before they start to get antsy and call for the player to get less playing time or to bring up the "prospect of choice" to replace them. Mullins is still a valuable player on a contending team because of his defense in CF. He's going to get on a hot streak with the bat at some point and he settle back into the .710 OPS player that he probably is at this point in his career with the bat. Not every batter 1-9 is going to be an average major league hitter or better, but until the Orioles find an outstanding defensive CFer to replace him, he's going to get a very long leash this year.
    • Besides the guy who said he prayed everyday that McKenna is off the team, perhaps you can point us to the "amount of bile directed at McKenna?" I see most people discussing his merits, whether he will be taken or not, or whether he might be better off in the KBO. Unless you believe saying that you hope he's claimed is "ridiculous amounts of bile" or "vilifying him." This seems to be a JLC-level over reaction and an over simplification of the actual comments made in this thread IMHO.
    • O'Hearn in right.  It's the Buck All Stars.
  • Popular Contributors