Tillman Replacement

weams

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I would just watch how the innings are spread around to see who is truly in the running.   The Orioles have had or tried to have each of Aquino, Lee, Wilson, and Wright go 3 innings.    They have not exceeded two innings with Ynoa and Verrett.    I expect Nuno to be in the running when he comes back.

Watch the innings and you'll have your answer.

You expect Nuno might be the front runner?

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Lee starting Thursday and Ynoa going on Friday.  I think Wilson and Wright have pitched themselves out of the competition.  Aquino is a long shot and Verrett might not get a shot.  Ynoa and Lee have an opportunity to become the leader(s) for the #5 starter spot over the next couple of days.

I think Wright stays on a starter schedule. And Wilson will be optioned soon. 

7 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Lee starting Thursday and Ynoa going on Friday.  I think Wilson and Wright have pitched themselves out of the competition.  Aquino is a long shot and Verrett might not get a shot.  Ynoa and Lee have an opportunity to become the leader(s) for the #5 starter spot over the next couple of days.

From what I have heard and read I think the O's like Ynoa but believe he needs to improve his off speed pitches before he is ready for the majors.  Lee and Aquino are more likely to be  Tillman replacements.   I do think Wright and Wilson are falling behind in the competition.

On 3/14/2017 at 1:11 PM, RZNJ said:

I would just watch how the innings are spread around to see who is truly in the running.   The Orioles have had or tried to have each of Aquino, Lee, Wilson, and Wright go 3 innings.    They have not exceeded two innings with Ynoa and Verrett.    I expect Nuno to be in the running when he comes back.

Watch the innings and you'll have your answer.

Innings, right. Getting close to the time when the day everybody pitches starts to become important too. To make a rotation. In an especially disjointed year, because of the WBC, but also because of OUR personal schedule. 2 days off in the first 4? A 2 game series to start? It's all a scheduling nightmare for Buck.

My guess is he'll have his guys lined up perfectly like he knew what he was doing all along.

Which he probably does.

I think the hope is Ynoa to step up. Today. Chris Lee didn't hurt his chances today but he didn't help them at all. Verrett isn't a consideration. Wilson still looks like the pitcher all the major leaguers figured out. Wright looks a little different this year, a little more focused. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame... on that other guy over there in the corner.

Archived