Gentry and Drake's salary, Pedro bonus

wildcard

Just  a few salary items:

I have not heard what Gentry's salary will be if he is added to the O's major league roster but I would guess about 1M.   That is what he got from the Angels last year and he has stated that there was no competition from other clubs to sign him.

I believe that if Drake passes through waivers and is outrighted to Norfolk he will receieve his full major league salary (535k).  That was true for Roe and Phillips last year.

Pedro Alvarez will receive a Retention Bonus of 100k tomorrow.  According to the CBA, Major League free agents that sign a minor league contract receive this bonus 5 days before the start of the major league season.

Damn, I wish I was handed 100k for not being good enough to make the cut at my job. Is 30 too late to try and go for it in the big leagues? I played little league with Matt Wieters so maybe I can get him to put in a good word.

7 minutes ago, oriole said:

Damn, I wish I was handed 100k for not being good enough to make the cut at my job. Is 30 too late to try and go for it in the big leagues? I played little league with Matt Wieters so maybe I can get him to put in a good word.

Are you a member of the union? It is something that is in the union compensation contract. The Orioles can release a player that is not good enough and not pay it. As happened yesterday. 

2 hours ago, weams said:

Are you a member of the union? It is something that is in the union compensation contract. The Orioles can release a player that is not good enough and not pay it. As happened yesterday. 

Considering I suggested I start a career in baseball I thought the evidence of a bad joke was obvious. No one ever told me I am funny but when work is slow my inhibitions are pushed away by boredom. 

Archived