Why worry?

wildcard

The O's are 22-11.  Flirting with having the best record in baseball.  They are playing the best offense in baseball in the Nats and they have won 2 out of 3.   The O's have Bundy going tonight.  No one in baseball has more wins this year than Bundy.  

So the pen  misses Britton when they play the best offenses in baseball.  I'm not worried about playing the Royals or the Tigers or the Jays or the Twins.  That is the next 12 games.   The Astros away might be a problem.  But that is 12 games away.  Things change.  The Yankees have to play the O's in Camden Yards where the O's are 12-3.  

We came into the season knowing that the O's were going to lose at least 60 games.  So they lost one last night in a ugly way.  Overall its nothing to worry about.  Especially with Zach coming back in time for the playoffs.  

Enjoy the ride!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, OriolesFan2704 said:

Worried? no but every win gets us one game closer to 90 wins which should mean playoffs. And to lose one where we give up 5 runs in 2 innings is brutal

The O's beat the Nats with Ubaldo vs Scherzer.  That was a steal for the O's.

26 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

We won two games and should have won a third when the starting pitching match ups clearly favored the Nats so I am not going to over confident about the match up tonight.   I agree.   The team is in a good place.  

I also don't take any team lightly.   One game at a time.   I'm not counting up any wins against the Royals, Twins, Jays, or Tigers until they are in the book, as they say.

Darn right.   The Twins wrecked our season in 2015.    That's a soft part of the schedule on paper, but they don't play the games on paper.

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Absolutely agree.   The 3 run lead into the 9th with the Yanks when we even had something like a 9-1 lead earlier along with this game with a 4 run lead with two outs in the 8th and a runner on 1st base, are crippling, maybe not to the team, but they take a lot out of me.   lol

So we don't have to worry about he O's but should be concerned about your health and well being.  I hope tonight makes you feel better.   If the game is played.  The weather report does not look good.  Maybe the game gets postpone until Zach is back.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Darn right.   The Twins wrecked our season in 2015.    That's a soft part of the schedule on paper, but they don't play the games on paper.

O's have a better team then the did in 2015.

If you dangle an ice cream cone in front of a little kid, then throw it on the ground and step on it, he's going to freak out. It doesn't matter if the kid has had more ice cream that month than most kids. If you hang 6 runs on Stephen Strasburg and lead 6-2 in the 8th with two outs and don't win the game, people are going to freak out, regardless of the team's overall record.

Archived