Why worry?

wildcard

3 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

The Orioles bullpen is on life support. Buck and Dan need to be extremely concerned about this. The season is over if the Orioles blow out their bullpen. The Orioles need to trade Kim. How many times do I need to say this.

I guess until it happens or his contract expires.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

If you dangle an ice cream cone in front of a little kid, then throw it on the ground and step on it, he's going to freak out. It doesn't matter if the kid has had more ice cream that month than most kids. If you hang 6 runs on Stephen Strasburg and lead 6-2 in the 8th with two outs and don't win the game, people are going to freak out, regardless of the team's overall record.

Stuff happens even in a good season.   We just need to step back, look at the big picture and be happy we have such a good team.

I wish Buck was more flexible with who closes at this point I would like to see some sort of closer by committee. I know he's done ok, but I really don't like Brach as the closer he just doesn't have that put away pitch.

O'Day must be nursing and injury or something too.

So far, so good imo. Last night is going to happen a couple of times per year just like the night before the Orioles will make their fair share of comebacks. The key is not to let the blown saves/leads spiral out of control and not have to rely too much on comebacks because it's not sustainable.

The Orioles are playing well, as evidence by their record. They have had some impressive wins on the road too. Keep grinding.

The Orioles need to address pen concerns. I am assuming a trade will be made of more permanent call up. The next couple of weeks might be harrowing. 

So long as we keep winning 5-7 of our 10 game chunks, we will be fine. We have gotten off to a great start, that is what this affords the team.

21 minutes ago, TouchemAll said:

I wish Buck was more flexible with who closes at this point I would like to see some sort of closer by committee. I know he's done ok, but I really don't like Brach as the closer he just doesn't have that put away pitch.

O'Day must be nursing and injury or something too.

Brach is extremely dominant for long stretches.    He's in a rough patch right now, probably because he's been used so heavily.    His first 11 outings this year (which included his first four save opportunities), he had a 0.00 ERA, a 0.53 WHIP, and a 10.5 K/9.    In those four save chances, he allowed no hits and walked one batter.   So, I don't think this is a guy who "can't close."    But he's been pretty ineffective recently, allowing runs and multiple hits in 4 of his last 8 outings.    I don't think it's because he can't handle the pressure, he simply isn't pitching well right now and he's probably a bit worn down, having pitched in 19 of 33 games and on pace to throw 93 innings.  

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

I'm recovered but I think last night's game took at least one day off of my life.   I got a few more in me though.  (knocks on wood)

It happens. It's amazing that a loss like last night's has erased the 9-1 meltdown from everyone's mind.

In another month or so, it will probably be replaced by another stunning loss. It's sports. Stuff happens sometimes, especially when you play 162 games.

3 hours ago, RZNJ said:

We won two games and should have won a third when the starting pitching match ups clearly favored the Nats so I am not going to over confident about the match up tonight.   I agree.   The team is in a good place.  

I also don't take any team lightly.   One game at a time.   I'm not counting up any wins against the Royals, Twins, Jays, or Tigers until they are in the book, as they say.

Just keeping winning each Series, and the season will be just fine. :)

No reason to worry. It's just a shame when you lose one at the end. I'm worried about Brach. We burned him out last year and this year is looking even worse in that regard. We do really need help in the pen, but I'm not sure where we'll find it.

1 minute ago, TheWall said:

No reason to worry. It's just a shame when you lose one at the end. I'm worried about Brach. We burned him out last year and this year is looking even worse in that regard. We do really need help in the pen, but I'm not sure where we'll find it.

Every loss sucks.

I hated the game they lost against the Stankees when up and the score was 11-4.

19 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Every loss sucks.

I hated the game they lost against the Stankees when up and the score was 11-4.

Yeah last night was bad, but I saw that coming a mile away, I pretty much knew that it was over with the 11 pitch homer by Werth, but that 11-4 blown game was a gut punch that I can't swallow.

1 minute ago, TouchemAll said:

Yeah last night was bad, but I saw that coming a mile away, I pretty much knew that it was over with the 11 pitch homer by Werth, but that 11-4 blown game was a gut punch that I can't swallow.

I guess I am more upset that the Capitals got bounced out of the playoffs, for another season, so this loss was just the sour icing on a terrible night.

I think the perspective here, the other side, is still paid to play and they are not going to just lay down and concede the game away.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Brach is extremely dominant for long stretches.    He's in a rough patch right now, probably because he's been used so heavily.    His first 11 outings this year (which included his first four save opportunities), he had a 0.00 ERA, a 0.53 WHIP, and a 10.5 K/9.    In those four save chances, he allowed no hits and walked one batter.   So, I don't think this is a guy who "can't close."    But he's been pretty ineffective recently, allowing runs and multiple hits in 4 of his last 8 outings.    I don't think it's because he can't handle the pressure, he simply isn't pitching well right now and he's probably a bit worn down, having pitched in 19 of 33 games and on pace to throw 93 innings.  

Hey I admit it I am spoiled by the guy with the UN-hittable sinker, I like Brach and agree he's worn out. Buck needs to spread the closer opportunities around a little more. I just like a guy who closes to have that one dominating pitch. Like Zach, Johnson, Miller ect.

Yeah I know not everybody has that stuff we're spoiled. B|

11 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I guess I am more upset that the Capitals got bounced out of the playoffs, for another season, so this loss was just the sour icing on a terrible night.

I think the perspective here, the other side, is still paid to play and they are not going to just lay down and concede the game away.

Agree

Flyers fan here LOL, but the Caps sure know how to yank defeat from Victory.

I would feel better about just getting blown out there is nothing worse then being three outs from VICTORY and the rug being yanked out from under you. You know SO CLOSE you can taste it and then it falls off the fork on the floor and your dog eats it. xD

Archived