vs. TIGERS, 5/17

OFFNY

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mendoza Line said:

That high inside one for strike three didn't seem like one either

2 minutes ago, schittenden said:

It wasn't. I imagine he gets frustrated. Seems to happen to him a lot. 

Whatever happened to trying to foul off close pitches?  Obviously taking close pitches with two strikes isn't working so well.

1 minute ago, schittenden said:

It wasn't. I imagine he gets frustrated. Seems to happen to him a lot. 

I feel like Chris has an inherent disadvantage a lot of times because he is so big.  His strike zone seems gigantic compared to a lot of others.  He does watch a good deal of legitimate strikes but he gets so many high mid, high outside, and low outside strike calls that are rarely called for other batters it seems. 

Just now, Mendoza Line said:

I feel like Chris has an inherent disadvantage a lot of times because he is so big.  His strike zone seems gigantic compared to a lot of others.  He does watch a good deal of legitimate strikes but he gets so many high mid, high outside, and low outside strike calls that are rarely called for other batters it seems. 

The catcher caught Davis's strike three around his eyes.

Just now, Mendoza Line said:

Judge is significantly larger than Davis.  Do you think he has this problem?  Do you think Frank Thomas had this problem?

Archived