Coco Crisp is a piece of --

ChaosLex

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He just tried to end Iwamura's career with a cheapshot slide at 2B. I hope he winds up with one between the numbers tomorrow night.

Absolutely disgusting.

Ouch I missed it, but the announcers are talking about it pretty bad.

What did he do exactly?

I agree it was a crappy thing to do and he deserves to get hit tomorrow. I just thought it was kind of funny how the announcers were all like "he was trying to hurt him, you don't do that when you're up by 4" but then said "it's okay if you're taking out a double play".

Sure it was a little dirty but well within the rules. Now when the guy slides late and is a mile away from the base thats when i get pissed.

He's lucky he didn't break Iwamura's ankle. Up by 4 runs in the 8th inning, there's no excuse for a slide like that.

Sure it was a little dirty but well within the rules. Now when the guy slides late and is a mile away from the base thats when i get pissed.

A little dirty? He ran all the way to the base where he could have tagged the base standing up and then chose to slide right into the fielder.

Apparently the SS was blocking the bag with his knee when Crisp tried to steal in the 6th and that is an unwritten no-no, according to analyst/former player David McCarty. Iwamura was on the receiving end of the payback.

I think this whole policing business where the players are judge, jury, and executioner is kind of stupid, but I figured it had to be something like that.

Apparently the SS was blocking the bag with his knee when Crisp tried to steal in the 6th and that is an unwritten no-no, according to analyst/former player David McCarty. Iwamura was on the receiving end of the payback.

I think this whole policing business where the players are judge, jury, and executioner is kind of stupid, but I figured it had to be something like that.

I haven't seen any of the plays, but I can tell you that blocking the bag with your leg is a big big no no.

Archived