A stat that's officially started to bother me

gfrank

For weeks now, I have been wondering how much less bad the Orioles pitchers would be performing if Wieters were catching instead of Beef. That doesn't mean I would have waited to see whether I might have been able to signed him as a free agent nor that I would have signed MW to the contract that the Nationals did

thezeroes post is startling. 

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Remember early in the season when Dempsey was falling all over himself saying what a great defensive and game calling catcher Castillo was?    He's been awfully quiet about that lately.    

I'm ready to buy into the idea that Castillo is partially to blame for our poor pitching performance.    Those numbers are pretty striking.    It'll be interesting to see how Buck divvies up the catching duties going forward.  

A couple of years ago Caleb also was better then Wieters. People wanted Caleb to also catch more.The trend reversed itself the next year.Castillo would probably be a great pitch caller with the starters of rhe Nationals. The relievers not so much. Funny,Dempsey,the pitchers and Roch were all praising how well Castillo and the pitchers worked well at the beginning of the year.What a great game he called.Still waiting when the pitchergets knocked out in the third and they say the catcher called a terrible game. 

Archived