Heyman: Dodgers interested in Britton

Luke-OH

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

If a player needs to be swooped it would be Calhoun as the Os need pitching to turn around quick. 

I look through their prospects and only Calhoun and Alvarez are top 5 

Have you seen Buehler/what he's doing this year? He is most definitely a top prospect. Go check out baseball prospectus top 50 midseason. He is #19.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=32224

If they wouldn't move Verdugo in some trades, why would they deal an even better prospect in Alvarez who is viewed as a top 10-15 prospect in all of baseball? If we get Alvarez we aren't getting that much with him. We'd be lucky to get Heredia and another pieces with him imo.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ISU94 said:

Have you seen Buehler/what he's doing this year? He is most definitely a top prospect. Go check out baseball prospectus top 50 midseason. He is #19.

If they wouldn't move Verdugo in some trades, why would they deal an even better prospect in Alvarez who is viewed as a top 10-15 prospect in all of baseball? If we get Alvarez we aren't getting that much with him. We'd be lucky to get Heredia and another pieces with him imo.

I like Buehler but he's a mid 20s draft guy. And he's been impressive. Britton if healthy is a stud. Compare it to what the Yankees got for 2 months of Chapman

its a lot ... but it should be

Just now, Roll Tide said:

I like Buehler but he's a mid 20s draft guy. And he's been impressive. Britton if healthy is a stud. Compare it to what the Yankees got for 2 months of Chapman

its a lot ... but it should be

That is more than Quintana who is a very good arm who is controlled through 2020. They got a top 10 guy, a top 100 guy, and a couple toss ins. You think we get a top 20, top 40, top 80, and another high upside guy in Heredia? I just don't see it.

That is more than Quintana who is a very good arm who is controlled through 2020. They got a top 10 guy, a top 100 guy, and a couple toss ins. You think we get a top 20, top 40, top 80, and another high upside guy in Heredia? I just don't see it.

Again and there is no sense to continue to debate it. Look at what the Yankees got for Chapman and also Miller.

the cost for elite relievers is sky high.

if we can deal Britton and Brach for the package I mentioned and a Miller like haul for Brach we could turn around quick

Again and there is no sense to continue to debate it. Look at what the Yankees got for Chapman and also Miller.

the cost for elite relievers is sky high.

if we can deal Britton and Brach for the package I mentioned and a Miller like haul for Brach we could turn around quick

Chapman got one elite prospect and little else. McKinney lost a lot of shine and isn't near the prospect of anything else you included. Sure, it's an extra year of control, but still think you are thinking much too high and if you expect that you will be disappointed.

As for Miller, he got a top 30 prospect in Frazier and a top 100 prospect in Sheffield.

This deal includes 3 top end prospects, and one that is going to be a top prospect in the not so distant future.

But like I said, I guess we'll see. But I think you're going to be disappointed. If we get Alvarez, we'll get one of Buehler/Calhoun, and MAYBE (hopefully) Heredia with a toss in.

Edit: I guess I could potentially see us getting a guy like Diaz involved as a 3rd piece possibly. That would be a nice haul. Or if we have Heredia in there MAYBE Brock Stewart? That'd be a nice get too.

As for Miller, he got a top 30 prospect in Frazier and a top 100 prospect in Sheffield.

This deal includes 3 top end prospects, and one that is going to be a top prospect in the not so distant future.

But like I said, I guess we'll see. But I think you're going to be disappointed. If we get Alvarez, we'll get one of Buehler/Calhoun, and MAYBE (hopefully) Heredia with a toss in.

I'd take Alvarez, Buehler, Heredia, and a lottery ticket. 

I didn't look at how the players performed for the Yankees since the trade. The only thing that matters is how they were rated when the trade happened. Not all four or five of these guys will pan out. The law of averages says 2 perhaps 3 if you get really lucky. 

I'd take Alvarez, Buehler, Heredia, and a lottery ticket. 

I didn't look at how the players performed for the Yankees since the trade. The only thing that matters is how they were rated when the trade happened. Not all four or five of these guys will pan out. The law of averages says 2 perhaps 3 if you get really lucky. 

I just know that those other two were toss ins in the Yankees and Indians trade from what I see. 

I would also be very happy with that get you listed. No one that is ready (Buehler may not be terribly far off), but you aren't likely getting many guys who are ready. Not like we are competing right now either obviously...so go ahead and load up on upside.

5 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

I was using Miller as a Brach comp. again with more control. I wouldn't trade them together and would seek a top 20-30 , a top 100, and a long shot . Based on Miller and the extra year it would seem reasonable 

Just now, ISU94 said:

I just know that those other two were toss ins in the Yankees and Indians trade from what I see. 

I would also be very happy with that get you listed. No one that is ready (Buehler may not be terribly far off), but you aren't likely getting many guys who are ready. Not like we are competing right now either obviously...so go ahead and load up on upside.

That is why I was seeking more. Most everything is 2-3 years our.

I was using Miller as a Brach comp. again with more control. I wouldn't trade them together and would seek a top 20-30 , a top 100, and a long shot . Based on Miller and the extra year it would seem reasonable 

Fair, but Andrew Miller is an RP that can play many different roles and be elite in all of them. Really a jack of all trades in the pen. Not sure if teams view Brach that highly (even with the extra control), but I hope so.

19 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

There would be no point to such a trade for the Orioles.  We aren't desperate to get rid of Britton.  The objective would be to bring in a haul to help a rebuild/retool.  Just taking whatever is offered doesn't do it.  Keep Britton if you aren't offered what makes sense when compared to what comparable players have gone for, adjusted for control time remaining.  That clearly means considerably more than what Chapman and Miller brought.  Who cares if the Dodgers didn't want to trade Verdugo for Brad Hand?  That has zero relevance to Zach Britton.  Night and day.

22 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Just now, Number5 said:

There would be no point to such a trade for the Orioles.  We aren't desperate to get rid of Britton.  The objective would be to bring in a haul to help a rebuild/retool.  Just taking whatever is offered doesn't do it.  Keep Britton if you aren't offered what makes sense when compared to what comparable players have gone for, adjusted for control time remaining.  That clearly means considerably more than what Chapman and Miller brought.  Who cares if the Dodgers didn't want to trade Verdugo for Brad Hand?  That has zero relevance to Zach Britton.  Night and day.

So getting a top 15 prospect in Alvarez, a top 50 prospect (some have him in the top 20 as I just showed) in Buehler, nd Starling Heredia who was a top end IFA a couple years ago and who is excelling right now with big upside would make no sense and not be a haul for Britton?

Yeah...ok.

So getting a top 15 prospect in Alvarez, a top 50 prospect (some have him in the top 20 as I just showed) in Buehler, nd Starling Heredia who was a top end IFA a couple years ago and who is excelling right now with big upside would make no sense and not be a haul for Britton?

Yeah...ok.

You said Heredia and little else.  That is what I responded too.

Archived