Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/25/2017 at 11:14 PM, bpilktree said:

A buddy of mine that lives in Colorado and a Rockies fan said that the local Rockies media is saying Rockies and Orioles are discussing a combine deal of Brach and Castillo going to the Rockies.  He says it would be a package around Ryan McMahon.

I'd love to see a bidding war between Colorado and Milwaukee for Smith, Castillo and potentially Brach. 

5 minutes ago, MDK02 said:

I don't think DD will trade anyone not named Seth Smith. I think he will be the only piece to be dealt. 

Honestly, if that's the type of return we would get for Brach (think it'd be better, but still that deal is underwhelming) that the Phillies just got for Neshek than im not sure its worth it. Gomez is ok. Hammer may be a solid pen piece, but man.

1 minute ago, MDtransplant757 said:

There is a reason Vogt replaced him. Wheter it's defense or not, I couldn't tell you 

I mean, Vogt has been an all-star past couple years. Had a rough first half but they were smart to claim the guy. He was very good in Oakland up until this year.

2 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Honestly, if that's the type of return we would get for Brach (think it'd be better, but still that deal is underwhelming) that the Phillies just got for Neshek than im not sure its worth it. Gomez is ok. Hammer may be a solid pen piece, but man.

I thought Philly was going to rob Colorado. 

Just now, ISU94 said:

I mean, Vogt has been an all-star past couple years. Had a rough first half but they were smart to claim the guy. He was very good in Oakland up until this year.

With him being on the DL, and Pina hitting like he has; do the Brewers trade for Castillo or Avilla? Looking at his numbers, he's having a career year with the mit and the bat at age 30. This guy looks like a 2014 Steve Pearce type. 

2 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

With him being on the DL, and Pina hitting like he has; do the Brewers trade for Castillo or Avilla? Looking at his numbers, he's having a career year with the mit and the bat at age 30. This guy looks like a 2014 Steve Pearce type. 

Neither. Roll with Pina who is playing well and Vogt comes back before long. They're fine.

Archived