June 6th versus Jays

wickedwitch

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BTW Jays announcers mentioned during BRob's at bat that he's 9th in the AL in extra base hits. Pretty interesting considering what a terrible year everyone thinks he's having.

Offense is down in the AL. Both him and Markakis have very good ERA+.

Offense is down in the AL. Both him and Markakis have very good ERA+.

It's funny. I've been thinking lately that there are a lot of good, patient hitters who are way down in batting average this year but at or near career-average levels in everything esle... Roberts, Markakis and Millar on our own team as well as guys like Jeter and Ichiro and I think I had some other examples that I can't remember off the top of my head. I know Roberts and Markakis' strikeouts are way up, but I haven't looked at K stats for the others. I think the strike zone has gotten bigger as part of the league's effort to make umpires speed up the game (Dave Trembley has alluded to this situation both before and after he got thrown out the other night). Unfortunately, this effort to speed up the game for casual fans with short attention spans is penalizing fundamentally sound hitting. It definitely seems to be happening more in the AL than the NL for some reason though. That I have no idea how to explain since there aren't separate AL and NL umpires.

All of the throws Jones makes to third are 10 feet wide to the left.

It's the veteran influence of Jay Payton.

Also, that was one of those plays where the CF as "captain of the outfield" needs to realize the corner guy is in a better position to make the play and let him take it.

I am not just saying this bc he is struggling tonight. But Burres is not a major league starter. He simply falls behind to much and just does not have the stuff.

Brian's pitches are kind of like gas prices today. Everything is up. ;)

Archived