Roch's "Various improvements needed from these six Orioles"

mdbdotcom

45 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I didn’t do it this way.   For my purposes, 1B = Davis, LF = Mancini, DH = Trumbo.   

But it never is that way. I was surprised that LF wasn't better last year, e.g.  LF, RF, C, DH, and maybe 1B, and SS will be  in flux.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, El Gordo said:

I am comfortable with Gausman and Manny. Have my doubts about CD and Trumbo. Hopefully one of them improves. Am more concerned with Beckham's glove than his bat. Think Britton should be healthy. The main thing is still acquiring 3 decent SP..

I have a feeling we're going to see Hunter Harvey a lot sooner than expected. I could see us start him at Bowie and work his starts from 3IP to 6IP. Give him 10-12 of those and hope he's ready. 

I see us signing Jamie Garcia and bringing Tillman back on a 1 year deal. Castro and Ynoa battle it out for the 5th spot. 

I don't see us making big splashy moves for SP. Bundy and Gausman are so close to being so good and we don't even know it. To quote our former boy Arrietta. 

On 10/17/2017 at 4:10 PM, El Gordo said:

Lynn 18 QS, Cobb 15,  Cashner 18,  Darvish 15, Chacin 16, Gonzo 13 CC  14. I think we could find  3.

Of course we could "find 3" of that rare commodity. So could the other 20 or so teams with the same need. Actually acquiring three in a competitive market is an entirely different matter. 

Archived