Fanfest

Going Underground

To recap:

1. They know why Manny didn't attend, but Buck says Jon's reason is not good.

2. They wanted a Heyward return for Manny.

3. Manny confirmed to be at SS.

4. "We have some work to do on pitching or it'll be a rough year" says Dan. Paraphrasing.

5. When extensions and signing top tier pitchers was mentioned Dan responded with "I like your thinking", a gold level troll response.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

105.7 now coming on the air with 6 hours of coverage live from Fanfest, starting with Norris & Long.

I'll be listening all day as I'm out running errands or doing other things.   If I get a chance I'll post any highlights.

Starting right off the bat with a Duquette interview...

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

105.7 now coming on the air with 6 hours of coverage live from Fanfest, starting with Norris & Long.

I'll be listening all day as I'm out running errands or doing other things.   If I get a chance I'll post any highlights.

Talking up DJ Stewart, Cedric Mullins.   Says they could contribute this year.

Mentions Sisco.

Loss of Britton hurts, but still have bullpen depth.   Givens will get "some" save opportunities.

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Talking pitching.   Mentions Cortes (went to same HS as Gio Gonzalez).   Jose Mesa Jr is bigger than his daddy, has the pitches to be successful, sinkerball and curve.  

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Cortes has good instincts.   Can get you out a lot of ways.  Those Florida kids really know how to play ball.   Cortes, Manny, Bleier, Givens, Hays.   They play year round.   They know how to compete.

Rob asks if there's a chance Manny will be here in 2019 and beyond.   DD says always a possibility.

We explored the Manny trade route, didn't get the kind of value we should, he's an important member of our ballclub, he's got a lot of value to our ballclub this year.   Who knows whats going to happen in 2019.

Asked about Yankees getting Stanton, etc.   Says they have a lot of resources.   Done a good job resetting their payroll, young guys like Sanchez and Judge have had huge success.  They will be tough.    Red Sox are always tough.   We got our work cut out for us.

8 minutes ago, SteveA said:

DD:  Gausman needs to put together the full season pitching well at this stage in his career.   Bullpen still a strength.   We need to find some veteran pitchers and some depth to fill out the rotation.

End of interview.

I’m not sure what people are expecting from Duquette, here. We have an owner who has shown time and time again that he is perfectly willing to sabotage lots of hard work done by his baseball people and until someone can prove different, that’s my first assumption here.

Good luck hiring the next unwitting twit, PGA!!!! 

Can be real depressing around here at times. Part of being an Orioles fan, baby. Wear it.

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

I’m not sure what people are expecting from Duquette, here. We have an owner who has shown time and time again that he is perfectly willing to sabotage lots of hard work done by his baseball people and until someone can prove different, that’s my first assumption here.

Good luck hiring the next unwitting twit, PGA!!!! 

Can be real depressing around here at times. Part of being an Orioles fan, baby. Wear it.

Sure but I'd like him to not give dumb fans easy bait with a quote like that. 

Archived