Kim Back to Korea

backwardsk

I really enjoyed watching him with the Orioles.   His smile, his approach at the plate, even his lumbering outfield play... I think he actually was a better fielder than he appeared to be based on the eye test.

I'm one of the people who don't think he was treated fairly by the Orioles, and it's a shame that his shot at the majors probably died because of that.   I hope he's the KBO MVP next year.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

I really enjoyed watching him with the Orioles.   His smile, his approach at the plate, even his lumbering outfield play... I think he actually was a better fielder than he appeared to be based on the eye test.

I'm one of the people who don't think he was treated fairly by the Orioles, and it's a shame that his shot at the majors probably died because of that.   I hope he's the KBO MVP next year.

Completely agree with all of this.  Good luck Mr. Kim.

I have always said one of the things that having so many pitchers compared to years ago is the impact it has on position players. Kim got to the big leagues about 35 years after he would have  fit the best. It is hard to be a below average defensive corner OF with no pop. With more bench spots like years ago, teams could afford to keep a guy like Kim. Very hard to do that anymore. 

At least he got a chance to play in the big leagues but it certainly wasn’t without some drama. Wish it would have worked out better for him. 

Archived