Boswell thinks Harper and others will not get $400 million dollar contracts

Going Underground

4 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Sounds like me, when I am lucky enough to eat dinner before I go. :)

I like getting there early when the gates open, if I am going to the game, I want to make it worth my while and get the whole experience. Granted, if I was a season game holder, it would be different, but I usually get to about 4 games a season.

I get the chicken and fries for $10 (if they have the hot sauce) and bring my drink. I go to 20 games a year. 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MDtransplant757 said:

I'm the same way out of necessity, not because I want to. If I had unlimeted $, I'd go balls out and sit in the nice seats and have season tix. It's whatever, though. I'm still happy. I'm at OPACY, which is my personal disney land. 

Heck, luxury box watching is the best experiences I have ever had, but those days are over for me.

I like lower reserved, and if you go down the foul lines, you can get good seats, under cover and not break the budget.

6 minutes ago, atomic said:

Your post is condescending.  

I was using a comparable cost of entertainment.  Why would I overpay to see an event. I can go see Disney on Ice and sit in the front row if ordered at a discount at the pre-sale for less than 50 bucks a person.  If I ask my daughter which she would prefer to attend the Orioles would lose out every time.  If I didn't have a child I would go to the Orioles game over the alternatives I mentioned.

Also I am not sure what you consider poor but we go on 3 to 4 international vacations a year.   My daughter is starting the  top private school in Maryland in  the fall for kindergarten.  We max out our 401ks and have zero debt.   

I am going to try one final time.  My post in no way meant to ascertain your wealth or to look down on you in any way shape form or fashion.  I again apologize for using what I already said was a poor choice of words.  Yet even in taking that word out, I am now condescending and yet you continue to post on wealth.  I honestly could care less what your travel habits are and still, I applaud you for your financial choices and the abilities to survive in this world without debt.  Honestly and most sincerely I do.

My post was regarding your description of enjoyability vs dollars and since you have clarified that the dollars are well within your means, you have clearly led us to this point:

You believe there are literally multiple choices for your families entertainment that provide more enjoyment than attending Baltimore Oriole games.  I can't refute that.  That's a choice.  And it is one each of us can freely make.  

But again, your argument was that the cost/enjoyment equation made the Orioles expensive.  Your numbers were inflated and refuted.  Repeatedly.  The Orioles have signed Cobb and nearly all is right with the world today.  Take the apology.  Leave the cannoli. 

Just now, weams said:

I get the chicken and fries for $10 (if they have the hot sauce) and bring my drink. I go to 20 games a year. 

Yeah I think the more games you go the lower you would spend per game. If you go to 20 games you surely aren't going to get souvenirs every game.  Not going to have the need to get Boogs Barbecue every game.  Get season tickets and season parking passes.   Sometimes eat before you go.   

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Heck, luxury box watching is the best experiences I have ever had, but those days are over for me.

I like lower reserved, and if you go down the foul lines, you can get good seats, under cover and not break the budget.

Boxes in Norfolk are cheap as hell. Cheaper than Frederick or Bowie. So those days could be close for me here. OPACY boxes, on the other hand.....Idk if I'll ever get there. 

Just now, MDtransplant757 said:

Boxes in Norfolk are cheap as hell. Cheaper than Frederick or Bowie. So those days could be close for me here. OPACY boxes, on the other hand.....Idk if I'll ever get there. 

My tickets was free, I was friends with somebody in sales and when he had an extra ticket or two, he would send them my way, even got into FEDEX Park that way. Had sticker shock when I opened up the menu and saw things like $118 for large meat loves pizza. LOL

3 minutes ago, weams said:

This is my view

SportFuckeulogy-20160918192702.jpg

Nice view.  Were those season tickets easy to get? Or did you have to season ticket holder for years to get those seats.

When I had season tickets I had them near first base and the price was quite reasonable.  Also season tickets for Orioles are great as you can buy more tickets anywhere in the stadium at season ticket prices.  And exchange policy was great as well.  

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

My tickets was free, I was friends with somebody in sales and when he had an extra ticket or two, he would send them my way, even got into FEDEX Park that way. Had sticker shock when I opened up the menu and saw things like $118 for large meat loves pizza. LOL

hqdefault.jpg

My face when reading that. 

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Nice view.  Were those season tickets easy to get? Or did you have to season ticket holder for years to get those seats.

When I had season tickets I had them near first base and the price was quite reasonable.  Also season tickets for Orioles are great as you can buy more tickets anywhere in the stadium at season ticket prices.  And exchange policy was great as well.  

Mom and Dad had them in Sectoin 56 from 95-98. Price per ticket was around $1,500. Then again, idk when you had your tickets. 

9 minutes ago, atomic said:

My wife had season tickets for about a decade before we got them. Aisle. First section. Concrete behind us. 

Archived