Cobb to Orioles (Confirmed by Roch Kubatko)

Greg

53 minutes ago, MachoMachadoMan said:

I like the $50M number better over 4 years than 3. 

o

I like the fact that Cobb will be here to give the Orioles at least 4 legitimate starting pitchers way more than the number of years OR the amount of money.

If it's 3 years for $42 Million, fine. 

If it's 4 years for $52 Million, fine

If it's 4 years for $59 Million, fine. 

The fact that Cobb will be on the team this year (plus several more years) completely blows away any feelings that I have in regard to the details of the contract.

o

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Aristotelian said:

It can't possibly turn out worse than the Ubaldo deal. Man, I don't think going for it is the right strategy long term, but if they are going to go for it, you couldn't ask for a better off season than Cobb and Cashner.

Pretty much.  And I think Colby Rasmus and Danny Valencia are sneaky good signings too.

Just now, Aristotelian said:

It can't possibly turn out worse than the Ubaldo deal. Man, I don't think going for it is the right strategy long term, but if they are going to go for it, you couldn't ask for a better off season than Cobb and Cashner.

Ubaldo was erratic his whole career. Cobb isn’t exactly an innings eater so...both attributes will probably not change.

8 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Mind blown.

My guess it is for 4 years, somewhere between $48 Million and $52 Million.

o

I feel inclined to blow my mind, get hung up, feed the ducks with a bun .........

o

Archived