Cobb to Orioles (Confirmed by Roch Kubatko)

Greg

Sources: There’s a strong belief that free agent right-hander Alex Cobb is nearing a deal. The team most believe the favorite: The Baltimore Orioles. Cobb has continued to push for a multiyear deal rather than signing the one-year deal some of his contemporaries chose.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Greg said:

Sources: There’s a strong belief that free agent right-hander Alex Cobb is nearing a deal. The team most believe the favorite: The Baltimore Orioles. Cobb has continued to push for a multiyear deal rather than signing the one-year deal some of his contemporaries chose.

My childhood friend who USED to work for the O's claims he is pretty sure that they are signing him, though the medicals may be a concern.  I have hesitated to say this bc I don't want to look foolish.

2 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

Passan is a columnist at Yahoo Sports.  Seems mainstream enough? Credibility rating on this guy?

Normally I’d say Passan is highly credible.   But “there’s a strong belief” that Cobb is nearing a deal?     A “strong belief” by who?   And again, “most believe” the Orioles to be the favorite?    Most of who?   This seems to be purely unsourced rumor.

Just now, Frobby said:

Normally I’d say Passan is highly credible.   But “there’s a strong belief” that Cobb is nearing a deal?     A “strong belief” by who?   And again, “most believe” the Orioles to be the favorite?    Most of who?   This seems to be purely unsourced rumor.

Agreed. It's no ringing endorsement.

2 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

How many years y'all thinking? I'd say three

Archived