Cobb to Orioles (Confirmed by Roch Kubatko)

Greg

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, eddie83 said:

Which I don’t get when they had no idea where he was playing. 

Ranges between 46 and 85 innings, so bullpen projections it appears. None of the systems like him, only ZiPS has him under a 5 ERA. Low K rate, high walk rate, no dominant groundball rate to go with it. His ERA looked ok last season, but by all other numbers he didn't actually pitch that well.

5 minutes ago, weams said:

Weams with Cobb the Orioles seem to have a legitimate rotation and a much better shot of competing. Other than having a real lead off hitter I'd say we are now much improved. Do you think we have a chance of competing?

1 minute ago, Babypowder said:

Ranges between 46 and 85 innings, so bullpen projections it appears. None of the systems like him, only ZiPS has him under a 5 ERA. Low K rate, high walk rate, no dominant groundball rate to go with it. His ERA looked ok last season, but by all other numbers he didn't actually pitch that well.

He was lying in the weeds, I swear he was.

1 minute ago, Babypowder said:

High walk rate? Still had a good groundball rate   

We shall see how he performs. 

4 minutes ago, scOtt said:

hqdefault.jpg

Literally have the album playing through right now while finding out the news of the Cobb signing.

I usually just lurk and don’t post until the season starts but man I have to chime in and say how happy I am for this news. This changes my season outlook in a great way. 

Can’t wait for next Thursday. Let’s go O’s! 

7 minutes ago, TouchemAll said:

OMG please pass the physical

I mean why wouldn't he? Wasn't he healthy last year?

4 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Weams with Cobb the Orioles seem to have a legitimate rotation and a much better shot of competing. Other than having a real lead off hitter I'd say we are now much improved. Do you think we have a chance of competing?

I hope they do.

1 minute ago, Tom13206 said:

Literally have the album playing through right now while finding out the news of the Cobb signing.

I usually just lurk and don’t post until the season starts but man I have to chime in and say how happy I am for this news. This changes my season outlook in a great way. 

Can’t wait for next Thursday. Let’s go O’s! 

It does make me feel better about the season.

Archived