Orioles sign Michael Saunders

Diehard_O's_Fan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, weams said:

Santander has as much chance now of reaching star status as does Hays. 

Roy wholly disagrees with you. Going forward, Santander is no more valuable than a 34-year old defensive replacement outfielder with nearly no power nor ability to get on base.

Or worse, Santander is no more valuable than Joey Rickard.

4 hours ago, Finisher said:

From a Roch tweet: In 23 career games at Oriole Park, Saunders has hit .310/.379/.750 (26-for-84) with 10 home runs and 25 RBI. Saunders leads all active players with a 1.129 OPS at Oriole Park (min. 20 games played).

See if he has anything left in AAA, if he does, bring him up. Nothing to lose.

I was about to say, at least our pitchers don’t have to face him 

I'm not crazy about the move but I can honestly say that of all the guys named Saunders in the world, he is probably the one who can help our team the second most.

I'll take a moment to say... RIP John Saunders.   A classy sportscaster who got his big market start in Baltimore.

john-saunders_1470842689237_1826175_ver1

7 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Stewart,. Rickard,   Presley, Brugman and Saunders in the OF and DH for the Tides.  Everyone but Stewart has been in the majors.

Norfolk is a nice mid-sized city on the water, next to the huge naval base of course.  I don't know what kind of revenue the Tides bring in but I figure it's nice for fans to recognize some names on the team like that.

2 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Norfolk is a nice mid-sized city on the water, next to the huge naval base of course.  I don't know what kind of revenue the Tides bring in but I figure it's nice for fans to recognize some names on the team like that.

VA Beach is nice and rather nearby.

From what I saw a lot of the attendance is military driven and folks don't care much about the names, they just want to see live baseball.

Archived