Anyone else slowly growing tired with Buck?

Rene88

6 minutes ago, TouchemAll said:

I highly doubt that Buck will be let go even if the O's hover around last place in the East. They'll wait till the end of the season, and even then I have doubts he would be fired. JMHO and I have no idea who I would want to replace Buck.

We have a bad season this year, he’s gone. They’ll probably allow him to resign rather than to fire him though.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, O's #1 said:

Rick Dempsey

There is perhaps no person I enjoy less hearing try to talk about baseball than Rick Dempsey.  Helluva guy, fun Oriole, but I cannot even begin to imagine him making important baseball decisions.

Sorry, I know that came across strong.  Welcome to the board (sincerely) and I don't mean to be a jerk; I just do not think Dempsey has the chops.  At all.

36 minutes ago, OldNewGuy said:

Here is my new lineup, starting when?

GM    Brady

Manger     Cal

Bench Coach    Bordo

Pitching      McGregor

Ist Base \infield       Brian R

3rd     Melvin Mora

Outfield coach     Nolan Reimold

Hitting      Eddie

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.    lol

I have no idea if they would be successful or even if we could get them to do it, but I would love to see it happen at least for one season. Seriously, Buck will probably not be fired no matter what but they may not renew his contract. Perhaps Johnson in AAA should be given a shot?

37 minutes ago, OldNewGuy said:

GM    Brady

Manger     Cal

Bench Coach    Bordo

Pitching      McGregor

3rd     Melvin Mora

Hitting      Eddie

Brady as GM is terrifying.  I think its pretty well accepted that he drove Wallace and Chiti out of town, and our pitching has been awful ever since.  Then there is some info that Tillman is one of his "boys", and that he pushed for the awful contract we gave him.

Buck is a good manager.  His high-profile brain fart at the Wild Card game is his only real noticeable misstep since he's been here, and his bullpen and game management has a good bit to do (IMHO) with our successful 2012-2016 run.

Buck will not be fired. Talk of that is stupid.

My best guess is Brady at GM and Buck as Manager next year or Brady at GM and Cal at Manager next year.

It will be Buck's decision and his alone.

13 minutes ago, Slappy said:

Brady as GM is terrifying.  I think its pretty well accepted that he drove Wallace and Chiti out of town, and our pitching has been awful ever since.  Then there is some info that Tillman is one of his "boys", and that he pushed for the awful contract we gave him.

Buck is a good manager.  His high-profile brain fart at the Wild Card game is his only real noticeable misstep since he's been here, and his bullpen and game management has a good bit to do (IMHO) with our successful 2012-2016 run.

Yep. sure is. Get ready for bad contract after bad contract.

On 4/3/2018 at 11:23 PM, Rene88 said:

I won’t mention Ubaldo vs. Britton with the season on the line...

2 Rule 5 guys tonight with game on the line? Even Roch & Britt were scratching their heads on Twitter...

The CD leadoff experiment.

Him going against his GM to sign CD to perhaps one of the worst contracts in baseball. 

Buck is a great manager but starting to see why other towns patience grew thin.

I love how you twist and distort the facts.

New York fired him, because he would not go along with King George and fire his entire coaching staff and replace them. Jeter's book covers this pretty well.

Buck built the team in Arizona, won a NL crown in his 2nd season, had a bad followup season and was dismissed, and the replacement took Buck's team to the WS.

I am not sure how you see other towns patience grew thin.

3 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Why? 

Who ultimately decided on Chris Davis?

That is why we suck...the GM ultimately has authority but frequently he is 2nd fiddle to the manager (Buck). Not the way things work in a well-run org.

1 hour ago, OldNewGuy said:

GM    Brady

Manger     Cal

Bench Coach    Bordo

Pitching      McGregor

3rd     Melvin Mora

Hitting      Eddie

No offense but yuck.

5 hours ago, wildcard said:

I think a big part of the O's problem is playing the World Champion Astros in Houston.   And playing the Yankees in New York is not going to be much better.

Not really. Didn't exactly look great against the Twins at home either. This is a very bad team.

Archived