Pitching for Saturday

Bahama O's Fan

Based on how Tillman has looked in ST and vs. the Astros, it would be reasonable to expect him to give up four home runs by the end of the 2nd inning. So, I'm guessing he'll throw a complete game shutout.

In the meantime, would not be surprised to see Castro or Givens optioned and Scott recalled.

37 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Based on how Tillman has looked in ST and vs. the Astros, it would be reasonable to expect him to give up four home runs by the end of the 2nd inning. So, I'm guessing he'll throw a complete game shutout.

In the meantime, would not be surprised to see Castro or Givens optioned and Scott recalled.

Scott pitched two innings yesterday, so he’s not a candidate.  

I would assume Givens and Brach (back to back days) are both down, though maybe we’d give Brach another inning, but you definitely wouldn’t have him Sunday then. Probably prefer to stay away from Castro, Bleier, and Araujo, who had extended outings, though at 26 pitches per they weren’t particularly high pitch count outings considering the innings pitched. That said, honestly, it’s going to be a Nestor Cortes kind of day. I could see him just eating a bunch of innings if Tillman gets shelled. O’Day will be up too.

1 minute ago, ReclaimTheCrown said:

I would assume Givens and Brach (back to back days) are both down, though maybe we’d give Brach another inning, but you definitely wouldn’t have him Sunday then. Probably prefer to stay away from Castro, Bleier, and Araujo, who had extended outings, though at 26 pitches per they weren’t particularly high pitch count outings considering the innings pitched. That said, honestly, it’s going to be a Nestor Cortes kind of day. I could see him just eating a bunch of innings if Tillman gets shelled. O’Day will be up too.

So Tillman for six, Cortes for two, then O’Day with the save.  That was easy!:D

Just now, glenn__davis said:

Cortes should be pretty rested.  I would guess you'll probably need him to go 2-3 today.

Yes, that’s what will be needed, almost at a minimum.    But the thought of him throwing those 88-89 mph fastballs to Judge and Stanton is pretty terrifying.   (I assume Sánchez will be rested today.)

Archived