Frobby

20 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You can’t quantify it.  Season ticket holders who want to exchange have to do it 48 hours in advance.   I actually had tickets for this game, as a member of a ticket group, and wanted to exchange my tickets.   But the guy who runs our group (who is the ticket holder of record) wasn’t available to request the exchange in time so I got stuck with them.   I gave them to my son, who took two friends and the fourth ticket went to waste.

Don't let the ticket go to waste! For a $1 you can use it on another occasion. See below. 

$1 Replay Dates: All Plan Members have the opportunity to “cash in” on Season Tickets you forgot you had, misplaced, or simply did not use. For a small processing fee of $1 per ticket, unused season tickets can be redeemed for an Upper Reserve seat to any Value or Classic game at any Box Office window. For those games with an asterisk, you may also choose a $15 LF Lower Box seat for your replays. All seats are subject to availability. The list of dates is as follows:

April 5 vs. TOR*
 April 7 and 9 vs. NYY
 April 21 vs. BOS
 April 24-26 vs. TB*
 May 5 and 7 vs. CWS
 May 19 and 21 vs. TOR May 22-24 vs. MIN*
 June 6-7 vs.PIT*
 June 19-22 vs. CLE*

June 30 vs. TB
 July 17-20 vs. TEX*
 July 31-August 2 vs. KC*
 August 3-4 vs. DET
 August 21-23 vs. OAK*
 August 28-30 vs. SEA*
 August 31 and September 3 vs. TOR
 September 21-22 vs. TB

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, atomic said:

Well baseball attendance league wide last year was down for the third year in a row. Lowest attendance since 2002.   Ravens attendance was down last year.  You have lots of things negative:

* Late signing of players

* Machado and Schoop skipping fanfest

* Riots and high crime

* Bad season last year

* Basball waning popularity. 

Then you have a Monday game during spring break, with cold weather and rain, against an opponent that comes to town all the time and isn't very good either.  

What school system has spring break?

18 minutes ago, Dale said:

Don't let the ticket go to waste! For a $1 you can use it on another occasion. See below. 

That is awesome information, thanks!   I will say this for the O’s, they do try to be very accommodating to season ticket holders.

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

That is awesome information, thanks!   I will say this for the O’s, they do try to be very accommodating to season ticket holders.

Absolutely....I'm in year 4 of my Sunday plan..I don't think I've sat in my actual seats but twice...trade them in for better seats or other games all the time. 

2 hours ago, fansince1988 said:

Good points here. I’d also like to make mention of how stale the divisions in MLB have gotten as well. I’m  tired of playing so many games against the same 4 teams.  

I 100% agree with this and wish it would be something MLB would change back. Having to play your Division teams 18-19 times a year just gets stale, not to mention it gives an advantage to teams in weak Divisions when it comes to the wild card. I'd love to see it go back to a balance schedule with maybe one Division of inter league mixed in, but all interleague games must be played by the AL rules.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberttuchman/2015/10/08/why-sports-teams-still-selling-season-tickets-are-doomed/#331096ef3f58

I think most people don't see any incentive to buy season tickets - because you can buy a ticket to any game that you want with relative ease and affordability. Season ticket plans are a good chunk of change to throw down on games that you aren't sure your schedule will allow you to attend.

I live about five minutes from the stadium. I can get off work, catch a Uber or Lyft, and then buy my tickets on my phone during the car ride. There's seats always available in every section. If a game is sold out - I could do the same thing with Stub Hub. It's such a convenient process - what's the point of locking yourself into games that you might not be able to attend?

As far as the price savings - I always just get the cheapest ticket, so we're talkin' like $2 savings with a Season Plan ticket. 

Sure, the Orioles doom-and-gloom offseason contributed - but maybe Season Ticket Plans themselves are starting to become a thing of the past. Any person I know with Season Tickets is always trying to find someone to take tickets off their hands. It just seems like an unnecessary hassle.

41 minutes ago, theocean said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberttuchman/2015/10/08/why-sports-teams-still-selling-season-tickets-are-doomed/#331096ef3f58

I think most people don't see any incentive to buy season tickets - because you can buy a ticket to any game that you want with relative ease and affordability. Season ticket plans are a good chunk of change to throw down on games that you aren't sure your schedule will allow you to attend.

I live about five minutes from the stadium. I can get off work, catch a Uber or Lyft, and then buy my tickets on my phone during the car ride. There's seats always available in every section. If a game is sold out - I could do the same thing with Stub Hub. It's such a convenient process - what's the point of locking yourself into games that you might not be able to attend?

As far as the price savings - I always just get the cheapest ticket, so we're talkin' like $2 savings with a Season Plan ticket. 

Sure, the Orioles doom-and-gloom offseason contributed - but maybe Season Ticket Plans themselves are starting to become a thing of the past. Any person I know with Season Tickets is always trying to find someone to take tickets off their hands. It just seems like an unnecessary hassle.

The only reason I continue mine is to make sure I can get good playoff tickets at a decent price. As soon as I'm convinced that they have absolutely no shot at the post season, I may not renew. 

2 hours ago, theocean said:

The access and availability to cheap tickets via apps is a good point.

30 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

I went to a game at Memorial Stadium years ago and there were only about 4,000 people there. This was when the Orioles were good year in and year out. It happens sometimes.

In the year they won their first pennant, the Orioles had a game where they drew 2,280.    By the way, they had a road game at Fenway where they drew 1,955.

The game has changed a lot since then.    

Just now, Frobby said:

In the year they won their first pennant, the Orioles had a game where they drew 2,280.    By the way, they had a road game at Fenway where they drew 1,955.

The game has changed a lot since then.    

They sure have. Ticket prices then were dirt cheap, no internet, no streaming feeds. Makes me wonder why the attendance was so low back then. There was far less competition for the entertainment dollars.

22 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

The access and availability to cheap tickets via apps is a good point.

It is a good point.   The reason I originally got into a group that purchased a seasons ticket was because it was almost impossible to get into OPACY without having season tickets.    The fewer season ticket holders there are, the more good seats are available, and hence the less reason there is to have season tickets.    It’s a vicious cycle.    

I’ve toyed with giving up my share of my group seats for a couple of years now, but haven’t been able to bring myself to do it.    They’re sweet seats but I’d probably get seats just as good these days if I just bought tickets when I felt like going.   

4 hours ago, Dale said:

$1 Replay Dates: All Plan Members have the opportunity to “cash in” on Season Tickets you forgot you had, misplaced, or simply did not use. For a small processing fee of $1 per ticket, unused season tickets can be redeemed for an Upper Reserve seat to any Value or Classic game at any Box Office window. For those games with an asterisk, you may also choose a $15 LF Lower Box seat for your replays. All seats are subject to availability. The list of dates is as follows:

April 5 vs. TOR*
 April 7 and 9 vs. NYY
 April 21 vs. BOS
 April 24-26 vs. TB*
 May 5 and 7 vs. CWS
 May 19 and 21 vs. TOR May 22-24 vs. MIN*
 June 6-7 vs.PIT*
 June 19-22 vs. CLE*

June 30 vs. TB
 July 17-20 vs. TEX*
 July 31-August 2 vs. KC*
 August 3-4 vs. DET
 August 21-23 vs. OAK*
 August 28-30 vs. SEA*
 August 31 and September 3 vs. TOR
 September 21-22 vs. TB

I assume you are saying that still applies this year.

Because those dates you list you can exchange for are certainly not in 2018

Archived