vs. RED SOX, 4/13

OFFNY

24 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I actually like NY a little these days. Hate EVERYTHING about Boston and their team and fans and accent and city unless it is 100 years old or more. *spit*

I respect NY fans more. I was in NYC in 2014 sporting my Orioles hat and had many NYers congratulating me on the Orioles good season. Boston fans are posers 

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I respect NY fans more. I was in NYC in 2014 sporting my Orioles hat and had many NYers congratulating me on the Orioles good season. Boston fans are posers 

Me too. And they still love them some Buck! :P

2 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I regret rooting for Boston in 04 now somewhat. 

20 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I wouldn't say lazy, but I would say he lost focus. If the game was 0-0 I betcha he's not jogging there. I think players lose focus when their starters bury them early.

The reason this annoys me so much is that there is so much in baseball that players can't control.  But they can damn well run as fast as they can when they are lucky enough to hit a pitch.

Just now, eddie83 said:

I regret rooting for Boston in 04 now somewhat. 

Same here.   

My grandfather was a Red Sox fan, and he was long dead in 2004, but I know he would have loved it, so I kind of rooted for them for him.   He was born in 1898 and died in 1985.

But then they turned into Red Sox nation.

By the same token, in 1978, when the Red Sox opened up the 14.5 game lead in the Yankees and about 20 on the Orioles, I found myself rooting for the Yankees in a June Bos/NYY series just to make it a race.   I sure as heck regretted that by the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I have encountered aggressive, violent MFY fans on multiple occasions at OPACY. Never anything close from Red Sox fans or any other team's fans, for that matter. Phillies fans have a bad rep, though.

Archived