2019 Orioles

connja

OK, time to start looking forward to next year, or maybe even second half.  This is what I would like to see using only current assets.  Much more enjoyable than this collection they are running out there now:

1. Cedric Mullins - CF
  2. DJ Stewart - LF
  3. Manny Machado - SS
  4. Jon Schoop - 2B
  5. Trey Mancini - 1B
  6. Austin Hays - RF
  7. Anthony Santander - DH
  8. Chance Sisco - C
  9. Tim Beckham - 3B

Now I can definitely be talked into keeping Jonsey around - certainly for the 2nd half of this year.  But would not sign him to a long extension.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, connja said:

OK, time to start looking forward to next year, or maybe even second half.  This is what I would like to see using only current assets.  Much more enjoyable than this collection they are running out there now:

1. Cedric Mullins - LF
  2. DJ Stewart - RF
  3. Manny Machado - SS
  4. Jon Schoop - 2B
  5. Trey Mancini - 1B
  6. Austin Hays - CF
  8. Chance Sisco - C
  9. Tim Beckham - 3B

Now I can definitely be talked into keeping Jonsey around - certainly for the 2nd half of this year.  But would not sign him to a long extension.

I would go Hays in Right, Mullins in Center and Stewart in Left.

19 minutes ago, connja said:

1. Cedric Mullins - CF
  2. DJ Stewart - LF
  3. Manny Machado - SS
  4. Jon Schoop - 2B
  5. Trey Mancini - 1B
  6. Austin Hays - RF
  8. Chance Sisco - C
  9. Tim Beckham - 3B

Looks pretty good, but that’s paying Trumbo and Davis about 34 million (number off the top of my head, correct me if I’m wrong) not to play. I understand a sunk cost when I see one, but it’s sure easier to cope with when it ain’t your money. 

Stewart, Mullins, Hays

Schoop-Mancini 

Sisco

Good with that and having Santander involved.

I will really like the pitching staff, even with Britton and Brach gone.

Machado is leaving... and everyone else should: Davis, Trumbo, Beckham, Alvarez, Valencia, Rasmus, Joseph

Of course, some of the above will still be here, but I'm curious who the other 6 position players will be.  Mountcastle maybe?

Not to mention, who will Brady hire as manager.  :) 

2 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Looks pretty good, but that’s paying Trumbo and Davis about 34 million (number off the top of my head, correct me if I’m wrong) not to play. I understand a sunk cost when I see one, but it’s sure easier to cope with when it ain’t your money. 

At least with Trumbo 2019 is the final year, and, if he's decent this year, he could be useful next season.

Davis, on the other hand, will be a huge money dinner at some point.

29 minutes ago, connja said:

1. Cedric Mullins - CF
  2. DJ Stewart - LF
  3. Manny Machado - SS
  4. Jon Schoop - 2B
  5. Trey Mancini - 1B
  6. Austin Hays - RF
  8. Chance Sisco - C
  9. Tim Beckham - 3B

A quick look shows 28 million dollars worth of two Former sluggers who will get paid but are not on that list. 

1 minute ago, Natty said:

A quick look shows 28 million dollars worth of two Former sluggers who will get paid but are not on that list. 

Davis is done.

I'd be OK to keep Trumbo and give him DH at bats, with Santander DHing some and OF some.

9 minutes ago, Ripken said:

At least with Trumbo 2019 is the final year, and, if he's decent this year, he could be useful next season.

Davis, on the other hand, will be a huge money dinner at some point.

Are there any comparable precedents for eating or jettisoning a contract as large as Davis's? (Looking for a ray of hope here!) :excited:

41 minutes ago, connja said:

1. Cedric Mullins - CF
  2. DJ Stewart - LF
  3. Manny Machado - SS
  4. Jon Schoop - 2B
  5. Trey Mancini - 1B
  6. Austin Hays - RF
  8. Chance Sisco - C
  9. Tim Beckham - 3B

It's April 15th.

17 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

The only thing worse than ignoring your sunk cost is when it's not neutral, and you are letting it continue to cost you...  with large amounts of negative value. 

8 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

The only thing worse than ignoring your sunk cost is when it's not neutral, and you are letting it continue to cost you...  with large amounts of negative value. 

I agree, I’m just predicting the Orioles will likely not act in that way.

Archived