I’ll see your Luis Sardinas, and raise you a Dixon Machado

Frobby

Seriously, was there ever a more unlikely pair to hit a game tying homer in the top of the 9th and a game winning homer in the bottom half?   Sardinas had 4 career homers in 484 PA going into today, and Machado had 1 in 325 PA.   The odds of them both homering were almost 1 in 40,000.

7 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Quietly, O'Day who has two more years to go on his contract, is having a very poor season. His numbers haven't reflected giving up inherited baserunners and allowing them to score...its a bad time to be an O'Day fan.

One year after this one. His contract won't kill the O's. The Davis and Trump contracts take that honor.

On 4/18/2018 at 6:12 PM, Roy Firestone said:

Quietly, O'Day who has two more years to go on his contract, is having a very poor season. His numbers haven't reflected giving up inherited baserunners and allowing them to score...its a bad time to be an O'Day fan.

O'Day has had four inherited runners, one of which has scored. 

Prior to Wednesday game O'Day has pitched 6.2 inning and given up 4 hits and 2 walks with 7 strikeouts.  

10 minutes ago, POR said:

O'Day has had four inherited runners, one of which has scored. 

Prior to Wednesday game O'Day has pitched 6.2 inning and given up 4 hits and 2 walks with 7 strikeouts.  

Yeah, prior to the game Wednesday O'Day had pitched very well.  I take full responsibility for his Wednesday debacle for including him in my Positive Vibes thread.

Archived