When Trumbo is ready....

wildcard

I think the O's go back to 12 pitchers when Trumbo is ready.   That is how he gets on the 25 man roster.   What I was asking is does Trumbo play a lot of 1B because Davis is not being productive.   And Pedro and Valencia continue to platoon at DH.   Both are hitting well in the platoon.   Pedro in hitting righty and Valencia is hitting lefties.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I think the O's go back to 12 pitchers when Trumbo is ready.   That is how he gets on the 25 man roster.   What I was asking is does Trumbo play a lot of 1B because Davis is not being productive.   And Pedro and Valencia continue to platoon at DH.   Both are hitting well in the platoon.   Pedro in hitting righty and Valencia is hitting lefties.

This is a crazy post.

No - Alvarez and Valencia aren't hitting well in the platoon.

And bringing back a guy making Trumbo's money should allow you to carry an extra pitcher, not one less. Theoretically, Trumbo should be able to eliminate the need for platoon guys like Pedro and Valencia.

1 hour ago, DirtyBird said:

This is a crazy post.

And bringing back a guy making Trumbo's money should allow you to carry an extra pitcher, not one less. Theoretically, Trumbo should be able to eliminate the need for platoon guys like Pedro and Valencia.

13 pitchers aren't needed.   I would much rather have bench guy than 13th pitcher.   That being said,  I don't see how you need Trumbo,  Davis,  Alvarez and Valencia.   How many firstbasemen DH types does one club needm

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Last 7 days: 

.250 .400 .500 .900

1 hour ago, DirtyBird said:

This is a crazy post.

Yes they are" Pedro. 803 OPS v RHP, Valencia .954 OPS v LHP.

3 minutes ago, atomic said:

13 pitchers aren't needed.   I would much rather have bench guy than 13th pitcher.   That being said,  I don't see how you need Trumbo,  Davis,  Alvarez and Valencia.   How many firstbasemen DH types does one club needm

13 are needed when you are trying to hide a Rule 5 guy. 

3 minutes ago, atomic said:

Eleven, twelve, thirteen pitchers.  Who cares if they can't get anybody out.

The problem is much more fundamental.  We have a roster full of position players and pitchers who "can't play this game".

Fall back and punt.  Trade Machado now while he is on a tear.  Go from there including a complete management housecleaning -- top to bottom.

2 hours ago, El Gordo said:

So who do you have for a UTIF? I cant stand Sardine man. And what happens if another OF gets hurt. How long will Schoop be out?

I haven’t heard a timetable for Schoop, but Valencia isn’t a good option for UTIF. He’s AN option. I don’t like Sardinas either, but his glove plays. 

Vielma is on the 40, Tejada isn’t.

In a perfect world, Trumbo would be released.  There is no way the O"s are eating almost 2 years of Trumbo's salary.  It's disgusting the O's could have gotten the same production from Alvarez for a fraction of the cost.  I would guess that Valencia is released because Alvarez seems to be a favorite of the O's.  Of course, Valencia can "play" 3rd.  This team stockpiles players who can't really play a position like they're gold.

55 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

In a perfect world, Trumbo would be released.  There is no way the O"s are eating almost 2 years of Trumbo's salary.  It's disgusting the O's could have gotten the same production from Alvarez for a fraction of the cost.  I would guess that Valencia is released because Alvarez seems to be a favorite of the O's.  Of course, Valencia can "play" 3rd.  This team stockpiles players who can't really play a position like they're gold.

Yeah I think Danny V is on borrowed time. He can hit if he plays regularly. Hard to get your timing without it.

8 hours ago, tntoriole said:

Santander goes nowhere until he can be optioned which would be May 12th if my calculating is correct.  It would be really dumb to send him back now after all this time. 

Rasmus will also be coming back at some point.  Which makes it even more of a mess. 

Buck said Trumbo needs a little while to get ready since not much of a Spring Training. He at least is going to play in the minors thru this weekend I think if they bring him up around the first of May or so they send  down a pitcher and keep Santander.It would only be about 10 days till they could send Santander down. 

Archived