Yes the Offense is awful but the BP is NOT far behind

TouchemAll

Read this from Roch and you'll wince.

The BP which used to be SOLID for the O's may be as bad as the offense now.

"The bullpen has been a concern this season and Zach Britton’s absence can’t account for all of it. The 4.26 ERA and 1.36 WHIP are 16th in the majors and the .248 average-against is 17th. Remove Bleier from the equation and you’ll pull a muscle from cringing."

Just seems like the O's have too many holes to fill to climb out of the April mess they created.

3 minutes ago, TouchemAll said:

"The bullpen has been a concern this season and Zach Britton’s absence can’t account for all of it. The 4.26 ERA and 1.36 WHIP are 16th in the majors and the .248 average-against is 17th. Remove Bleier from the equation and you’ll pull a muscle from cringing."

Just seems like the O's have too many holes to fill to clime out of the April mess they created.

So, the bullpen is middle of the pack.    I’m actually surprised it’s that good.    It feels like it’s been worse.    Perhaps that’s because there have been so few leads to blow, that any blown lead feels like Armageddon.    

There’s still a good chance the bullpen can turn it around, especially if Britton returns in good form (and I don’t mean 2016 form).     

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

So, the bullpen is middle of the pack.    I’m actually surprised it’s that good.    It feels like it’s been worse.    Perhaps that’s because there have been so few leads to blow, that any blown lead feels like Armageddon.    

There’s still a good chance the bullpen can turn it around, especially if Britton returns in good form (and I don’t mean 2016 form).     

NO DOUBT we need a healthy Britton badly. Givens has been slightly better in his last 3 appearances, I think the middle of the pack is mostly due to Bleier too,  O'Day and Brach need to pick it up.

Just like you said if there is one team that can't afford blown leads it's the O's right now.

1 hour ago, birdwatcher55 said:

This whole team blows. Time to give Buck the hook and bring in Farrell and a new management team. What the hell is Angelos waiting for? Christmas?

You think the guy who finished last back to back years with a budget bigger than the entire EU would help?

1 hour ago, TouchemAll said:

Just seems like the O's have too many holes to fill to clime out of the April mess they created.

Bleier is the freakin man.

5 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

This is true.

I'd prefer a young up-and-comer to someone like Ferrell anyway, especially if the Orioles trade Manny and enter into a rebuild.

Hire the new, young GM first and let him hire the manager.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Why have the new GM alienate part of the fanbase?

Let the owner do it, or better yet just don't pick up when he calls and let the contract expire.

Hoping John and Lou do things a little differently than dad.

1 hour ago, TouchemAll said:

Only the offense, defense and bullpen are bad. We've got this.

Archived