Connolly: Brady for President

wildcard

Yesterday Dan Connolly said heads may roll.  Today he says Brady is on his way to being President of the O's.

I disagreed yesterday and I don't think he is right today.  I think Brady either stays a VP of Baseball Operations (the position he holds today) or becomes Special Assistant to the Owner.  His role may expand but I don't think he will be GM or President in the shake up that is coming.

http://www.baltimorebaseball.com/2018/05/08/answering-10-orioles-questions-weekly-radio-musings/

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A: Honestly, the way this hierarchy is, I think GM would be a step down for Anderson. It’s my contention that he is the most powerful presence in the organization not named Angelos. The former Orioles star outfielder is close with majority owner Peter Angelos and his sons, John and Lou. Anderson has taken on a major role the past couple years and was key in negotiating free-agent contracts for Andrew Cashner, Alex Cobb and Chris Tillman this offseason. Anderson doesn’t strike me as a guy who cares about titles, and I think he really enjoys his vague, floating role as vice president, where he can talk hitting with players at the cage one day, work strength and conditioning another day and procure talent the next. To me, Anderson is on his way to being the club’s president, which is a step above the traditional GM spot.

Yikes.  Hope all the Brady Bashers don't have a heart attack this morning.

Also, wonder if this jives with Tony's upcoming article.  

14 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Yesterday Dan Connolly said heads may roll.  Today he says Brady is on his way to being President of the O's.

I disagreed yesterday and I don't think he is right today.  I think Brady either stays a VP of Baseball Operations (the position he holds today) or becomes Special Assistant to the Owner.  His role may expand but I don't think he will be GM or President in the shake up that is coming.

http://www.baltimorebaseball.com/2018/05/08/answering-10-orioles-questions-weekly-radio-musings/

He is already acting GM. DD is just a figurehead. I think Brady was the pointman in signing Tillman. Buck is guilty of that too. This organization is a mess.

It's hard to tell if Connolly's got sources anymore inside the organization.  He's a good writer and does a great job implying he's giving the scoop from the inside, but I really don't know if he's got any intel at this point.

26 minutes ago, LC_O's_87 said:

It's hard to tell if Connolly's got sources anymore inside the organization.  He's a good writer and does a great job implying he's giving the scoop from the inside, but I really don't know if he's got any intel at this point.

Dan's in the press box  when the O's are in town. He knows a lot of people in the O's structure.

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I feel ill reading this.  The only way I like this is if Brady hires a wiz kid to be the GM and he can operate without interference from ownership. 

I think Brady is supposed to be the wiz kid.

Archived