Who is available for LF???

bigbird

OK-the latest is Kemp and Billingsly/Broxton for a rental of Buehrle--even after tonite Bedard is worth more.

If you're getting that from MLB Trade Rumors or LA Times, well once again, there's a big difference between what the White Sox are asking for and what they'll get. Why is this such a difficult concept for so many on here to grasp?

Key quote from MLB Trade Rumors: "If the clubs ultimately settle on Kemp for Buehrle straight up - something the Dodgers hope to avoid - Williams will have done well."

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you're getting that from MLB Trade Rumors or LA Times, well once again, there's a big difference between what the White Sox are asking for and what they'll get. Why is this such a difficult concept for so many on here to grasp?

Key quote from MLB Trade Rumors: "If the clubs ultimately settle on Kemp for Buehrle straight up - something the Dodgers hope to avoid - Williams will have done well."

Kemp for a Buehrle RENTAL IS A LOT DIFFERENT!

Kemp for a Buehrle RENTAL IS A LOT DIFFERENT!

Umm, you're the one who was claiming that Kemp and Billingsley/Broxton was the latest, sorry for correcting you on that.:rolleyes:

I know it's a lot different, so why are you and so many others posting what the White Sox want for Buehrle(not what teams are offering which would make more sense) in order to show what Bedard is worth?

And again, lets not forget that if a team trades for Buehrle, they will either extend him or get draft picks.

Umm, you're the one who was claiming that Kemp and Billingsley/Broxton was the latest, sorry for correcting you on that.:rolleyes:

I know it's a lot different, so why are you and so many others posting what the White Sox want for Buehrle(not what teams are offering which would make more sense) in order to show what Bedard is worth?

And again, lets not forget that if a team trades for Buehrle, they will either extend him or get draft picks.

Not forgetting--need to find a team that needs him NOW--- and these are not my thoughts but posted at MLB Trade Rumors tonite.--For what that is worth.

Not forgetting--need to find a team that needs him NOW--- and these are not my thoughts but posted at MLB Trade Rumors tonite.--For what that is worth.

Well except, that's not what's posted at MLB Trade Rumors. What's posted there is that they want Kemp and maybe more, perhaps Billingsley or Broxton. However, the Dodgers don't even want to deal Kemp for Buehrle straight up. That is the key part, who cares what Kenny Williams is asking for.

And now it's been updated to say that the WSox and Buehrle will likely reach an agreement.

Umm check MLB Trade Rumors tonite to see BOTH possibilities --maybe(tho possibly not) some of these people know a little too:rolleyes: .

Well except, that's not what's posted at MLB Trade Rumors. What's posted there is that they want Kemp and maybe more, perhaps Billingsley or Broxton. However, the Dodgers don't even want to deal Kemp for Buehrle straight up. That is the key part, who cares what Kenny Williams is asking for.

And now it's been updated to say that the WSox and Buehrle will likely reach an agreement.

They will probably reach a deal making all this mute--but Bedard is still worth a lot more than Buehrle --he is an extremely unique commodity.

Umm check MLB Trade Rumors tonite to see BOTH possibilities --maybe(tho possibly not) some of these people know a little too:rolleyes: .

What other possibility? They have what Kenny Williams might be asking for, they say the Dodgers don't even want to deal Kemp, and there's something else that says no deal is close and they haven't even talked recently. I guess I need your help finding this other possibility.

From ussmariner.com---So, my guess is that the cost for Mark Buehrle would be something like one of the following packages:

Wladimir Balentien and Jeff Clement

Wladimir Balentien, Ryan Feierabend, and Rob Johnson

Wladimir Balentien, Chris Tillman, and Greg Halman

They will probably reach a deal making all this mute--but Bedard is still worth a lot more than Buehrle --he is an extremely unique commodity.

I never said Bedard isn't worth more than Buehrle.

I've said that there's no point for people to point out what Kenny Williams is asking for as if that's evidence of how much we can get for Bedard. And many have done that.

"Well the White Sox want Kemp and Billingsley for Buehrle, so that means we can get Kemp, Billingsley, and Loney for Bedard." That is the type of logic that has been used a lot on here of late, and it makes no sense since the Dodgers(or whatever team) aren't offering that for Buehrle.

BTW, that wasn't an exact quote from anyone.

From ussmariner.com---So, my guess is that the cost for Mark Buehrle would be something like one of the following packages:

Wladimir Balentien and Jeff Clement

Wladimir Balentien, Ryan Feierabend, and Rob Johnson

Wladimir Balentien, Chris Tillman, and Greg Halman

I thought you were just talking Dodgers here.

And that guy is just speculating, it's not based on any rumors or anything. That's no different than any of us speculating on what Buehrle or Bedard is worth in a trade.

You are probably right in terms of wishful thinking---you can find a lot of conflicting postings about proposed deals and I prefer the half-full glass outlook about Bedard---I just do want to trade him only for a deal that improves multiple positions or don't trade him at all.

Archived