Slow day question

btkidd01

Sorry if this has been posted before. But since it has been a slow day with manny news, do any of you think that with sons seeming to be running things more and more, are there any chances that we will actually use some of the international pool this year? If the period hasn’t closed already. I’m curious to see if they may be waiting for MLB to post Víctor Mesa. It seems most if not all of the teams that had more pool money have spent most of theirs, leaving us with the most pool money. I could be wrong. 

53 minutes ago, btkidd01 said:

Sorry if this has been posted before. But since it has been a slow day with manny news, do any of you think that with sons seeming to be running things more and more, are there any chances that we will actually use some of the international pool this year? If the period hasn’t closed already. I’m curious to see if they may be waiting for MLB to post Víctor Mesa. It seems most if not all of the teams that had more pool money have spent most of theirs, leaving us with the most pool money. I could be wrong. 

We haven't yet and the signing period has been going for a couple weeks.   Every other team in MLB has.

I see no sign of change, but I guess anything is possible.

Won't be this year. Building relationships with the kids in the international market takes time. It's not just a bidding frenzy, these teams have scouts down their building relationships with them for years. Even if the sons took over like it was reported and want to get involved, it wouldn't have been til 2018 sometime which is likely too late to gain much ground against other teams in the market.

Archived