Cody Carroll should be with the O's soon

wildcard

1 hour ago, foxfield said:

Brach has been solid to very good in a particular role and he has sputtered much more pitching later in games.  It is possible that is simply coincidence, but I think he has some value to anyone looking to add 6/7/8 inning reliever.  Certainly not getting a haul regardless of his next 5 to 7 outings.

I agree. probably one or one.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Thato'sfan said:

He looked downright filthy. Good deception and the slider got swings and misses from lefties. Looked big league ready(has been for a while now according to scouts). Will likely be in Bmore soon. 

Sounds like the title to this thread.

10 minutes ago, Thato'sfan said:

Indeed. Hope to see him succeed after moving. Was a great Oriole. His problem truly seems to be mental. I guess closing messed with him?

His stuff doesn't look as good to me and it hasn't for a while.

• 5 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

So much for this guy possibly jumping into the closer role. Please send him back to Norfolk and do not let him see MLB until he goes a month with less than 3.0 BB/9.

Luke-OH says he is working on some new sequencing. He really has not been worse than Britton has been. 

4 minutes ago, weams said:

I don't know if the splitter is a new pitch, but I hadn't seen it and I watched a bunch of video on Carroll. The first HR he allowed last night (which was the first HR he's allowed this season) was on a poorly executed splitter. 

7 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Why in the world is he working on a new pitch at the MLB level when he already has control issues? If they want to work on something, start with his mechanics, which even I can see are all over the place. If FB/SL was working in the minors, let him roll with it.

Because this season doesn’t matter and the Orioles know that part of why he is failing is because of a different mix. 

I would wonder why we would start a shuttle to Norfolk when what he is working on should be done against the best players available and that happens to be the MAJORS not the MINORS. 

If the Fan Base don't like to watch growing pains they should probably turn their heads now.

The last thing the Orioles should ever be doing is telling a pitcher who's had success at the minor league level to change...well...anything. They have an abysmal track record and really should just shut up and let the kid do what made him successful until he's not successful. Christ.

7 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

The last thing the Orioles should ever be doing is telling a pitcher who's had success at the minor league level to change...well...anything. They have an abysmal track record and really should just shut up and let the kid do what made him successful until he's not successful. Christ.

Oh.

Archived