Brewers- It's On

section18

31 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Brett Phillips is number 10 in their system prospect outfielder.   Hard to see what we could possibly want with this guy.   

Very toolsy player, hopefully he would be more of a secondary piece. But I like him as a prospect.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Sure, but it would be inefficient to send both to the same team.  Hiura plus for either of them would be an obvious starting point.  These are Actual Major League Baseball Players we're letting go, after all.

You're runnng out of team. There is plenty of quality in that package plus we can still move Jones, Brach, and Cashner if you can get anything decent for them..

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

You're runnng out of team. There is plenty of quality in that package plus we can still move Jones, Brach, and Cashner if you can get anything decent for them..

But he Orioles are not running out of time.  Schoop and Gausman can be moved in the winter on the Orioles' terms or not at all.  There are much, much worse things in life than having Jonathan Schoop and Kevin Gausman on your baseball team.

Just now, 24fps said:

But he Orioles are not running out of time.  Schoop and Gausman can be moved in the winter on the Orioles' terms or not at all.  There are much, much worse things in life than having Jonathan Schoop and Kevin Gausman on your baseball team.

Not of these guys will be under contract when we are good again. We are rebuilding and finally doing it right .

Just now, Roll Tide said:

Not of these guys will be under contract when we are good again. We are rebuilding and finally doing it right .

So all of a sudden the O's are every other team's bit**?  If things are done right, the Orioles will be tolerable again in 2020 and good again in 2021.  They're not obligated to give away jack, especially for players who are not expiring assets.

8 minutes ago, 24fps said:

So all of a sudden the O's are every other team's bit**?  If things are done right, the Orioles will be tolerable again in 2020 and good again in 2021.  They're not obligated to give away jack, especially for players who are not expiring assets.

Picking up Hiura, Phillips, Burnes/Peralta/Ortiz, Dubon, Stupak, and Diplan would not be giving them away. Dealing Schoop now would be doing the right thing. Rather than as a rental. 

11 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Picking up Hiura, Phillips, Burnes/Peralta/Ortiz, Dubon, Stupak, and Diplan would not be giving them away. Dealing Schoop now would be doing the right thing. Rather than as a rental. 

You can trade a full year of Schoop in the offseason for a nice package, too. For the right offer, sure, move him now. But it's not like their opportunity to turn him into good prospects ends on August 1.

7 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Let me know when that deal is offered.  First of all I have to say I think that return might be more than a little optimistic if Baseball America is your yardstick.  Secondly, DD wouldn't package the two to the same team because he would want two headliners to work the supplementary pieces off of.  Unless Duquette is an idiot, he doesn't care about a trade being "even", or "winning", he cares about reaching targeted goals.  Lumping Schoop and Gausman together seems a bit, well...lumpy don't you think?

The Machado trade was an intellegent trade.  Keep your fingers crossed that the same approach is taken with Schoop and Gausman. 

4 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

You can trade a full year of Schoop in the offseason for a nice package, too. For the right offer, sure, move him now. But it's not like their opportunity to turn him into good prospects ends on August 1.

I'm not suggesting giving him or Guasman away. The market is hot ...lots of teams have made moves and others are feeling pressure. Milwaukee has every motivation to get something done.

1 minute ago, 24fps said:

Let me know when that deal is offered.  First of all I have to say I think that return might be more than a little optimistic if Baseball America is your yardstick.  Secondly, DD wouldn't package the two to the same team because he would want two headliners to work the supplementary pieces off of.  Unless Duquette is an idiot, he doesn't care about a trade being "even", or "winning", he cares about reaching targeted goals.  Lumping Schoop and Gausman together seems a bit, well...lumpy don't you think?

The Machado trade was an intellegent trade.  Keep your fingers crossed that the same approach is taken with Schoop and Gausman. 

Just have to agree to disagree agree. You don't need to trade them separately if you get the right return.

Hiura and Burnes or Peralta could headline two separate deals.

6 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I'm not suggesting giving him or Guasman away. The market is hot ...lots of teams have made moves and others are feeling pressure. Milwaukee has every motivation to get something done.

There are far fewer sellers in the offseason though. 

Few teams plan their offseason, spend their free agent $ and head into Opening Day conceding the season.  We will be in that position.  The trade yields are supposed to be better in the offseason.  Right now, it is a limited number of teams interested in Schoop.

If it's a good package, then go for it, but it should be a quality trade.

Archived