Next years position players

El Gordo

Next ST we'll have in camp: OF-Mullins Diaz, Stewart, Hays, Yaz, Mancini, Hoes, IF-Davis, Villar, Wilkerson, Beckham, Valera, Mountcastle, Dosch,  Nunez, Bannon C- Caleb, Wynns, Sisco, Susac, Cumberland, Perez, DH- Trumbo, Alvarez,  I'm sure there will be others, but these are the prime suspects. Assuming no trades, what's your starting 9 and bench, OD? Here's mine:

1B Davis

2B Villar

SS Beckham

3B Wilkerson, 

LF Mancini

CF Mullins

RF Diaz

C Caleb

DH Trumbo

Bench

BuC Wynns

UTIF Valera

4th OF Hays

DH/3B Mountcastle

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Next ST we'll have in camp: OF-Mullins Diaz, Stewart, Hays, Yaz, Mancini, Hoes, IF-Davis, Villar, Wilkerson, Beckham, Valera, Mountcastle, Dosch,  Nunez, Bannon C- Caleb, Wynns, Sisco, Susac, Cumberland, Perez, DH- Trumbo, Alvarez,  I'm sure there will be others, but these are the prime suspects. Assuming no trades, what's your starting 9 and bench, OD? Here's mine:

1B Davis

2B Villar

SS Beckham

3B Wilkerson, 

LF Mancini

CF Mullins

RF Diaz

C Caleb

DH Trumbo

Bench

BuC Wynns

UTIF Valera

4th OF Hays

DH/3B Mountcastle

Why bring Mountcastle and Hays up to keep them on the bench? And why Caleb Joseph... it’s time to give Sisco a real chance (no pun intended).

I don’t see Diaz breaking camp with the O’s but I could see him getting called up mid season. I also imagine Nunez is getting his chance now to try to win over 3B for next year. 

Just now, bpilktree67 said:

Opening Day

C Sisco

1B Davis

2B Villar

SS Beckham

3b Nunez

LF Mancini

CF Mullins

RF Stewart

DH Trumbo

Bench

Wynns

Velara

Rickard

Free Agent lh bat 

Don't see the need to bring back Rickard.

22 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

1B Davis

2B Villar

SS Beckham

3B Wilkerson, 

LF Mancini

CF Mullins

RF Diaz

C Caleb

DH Trumbo

Bench

BuC Wynns

UTIF Valera

4th OF Hays

DH/3B Mountcastle

I agree with others that you might be bringing some of these young guys up too soon.

If Duquette is not back, I think we see Adam Jones back with the Orioles.  If Duke is extended, goodbye to Jonesie. 

2 minutes ago, terpoh said:

Why bring Mountcastle and Hays up to keep them on the bench? And why Caleb Joseph... it’s time to give Sisco a real chance (no pun intended).

I don’t see Diaz breaking camp with the O’s but I could see him getting called up mid season. I also imagine Nunez is getting his chance now to try to win over 3B for next year. 

I see no reason to give Sisco the job before he proves he's up to it. Right now he looks over matched at the plate and barely acceptable behind it.  I think RF will be between Diaz and Stewart, who ever has the best camp, I think Mountcastle will get enough AB between 3B/DH/PH. If not Hays then Yaz.

Just now, Dipper9 said:

I agree with others that you might be bringing some of these young guys up too soon.

If Duquette is not back, I think we see Adam Jones back with the Orioles.  If Duke is extended, goodbye to Jonesie. 

I agree about Jones.

5 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Don't see the need to bring back Rickard.

There not a need for a backup on a bad team but he is one of the few guys ready that can back up center field and is cheap.  You either let him be the 4th outfielder or go and sign a guy for more money and i dnt think they do that.  Now if the backup lh bat can play center you can go a different route.   You still don't want Mancini in a game late in the field and you need a backup center fielder.  Rickard can do both.   

5 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

I see no reason to give Sisco the job before he proves he's up to it. Right now he looks over matched at the plate and barely acceptable behind it.  I think RF will be between Diaz and Stewart, who ever has the best camp, I think Mountcastle will get enough AB between 3B/DH/PH. If not Hays then Yaz.

I think Joseph gets moved here in August.  He is a decent back up catcher that has played better lately and will cost 2 million next year that we can save.  I could see Red Sox claiming him as their catcher spot has been terrible this season.  If someone claims him then make a move to trade him for a low level prospect and save money for next year.  

There not a need for a backup on a bad team but he is one of the few guys ready that can back up center field and is cheap.  You either let him be the 4th outfielder or go and sign a guy for more money and i dnt think they do that.  Now if the backup lh bat can play center you can go a different route.   You still don't want Mancini in a game late in the field and you need a backup center fielder.  Rickard can do both.   

Hays, Diaz, and Yaz can back up CF. No need to spend the money.

I think Joseph gets moved here in August.  He is a decent back up catcher that has played better lately and will cost 2 million next year that we can save.  I could see Red Sox claiming him as their catcher spot has been terrible this season.  If someone claims him then make a move to trade him for a low level prospect and save money for next year.  

That's possible. But I'd play Wynns or Susac over Sisco. Once upon a time he was a hot prospect but the bloom is off the rose IMO.

Archived