TT: Roster takes shape less than a week out (Roster prediction)

Tony-OH

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can’t see them keeping Davis and him being mainly a backup. I can see hit sitting vs LHP and more than previous years.  

I think Ruiz and Nunez both make team even if Trumbo is healthy. I do think Alberto could be the guy to make it if Trumbo goes on the IL.  

I agree on the pitchers who make it. 

They still have a day or so to send down Hess and then call him up when they need the 5th starter. Can buy an extra player the DD way. Basically a paper move. Not sure they would do that but I would be tempted. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

My only difference is I have an 8th pitcher instead of Alberto, as Alberto is the most logical DFA for Sucre (though certainly not the only choice).

So instead of Alberto, I have Rogers.

I hate 8 relief pitchers right out of the gate unless it is the idea of going with a 4 man rotation and still keeping 12 total.  

We play a game then an off day. Then 6 straight and an off day. Who knows if we get any rain. I would just react to when they need the extra reliever instead of doing it right away. 

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

My only difference is I have an 8th pitcher instead of Alberto, as Alberto is the most logical DFA for Sucre (though certainly not the only choice).

So instead of Alberto, I have Rogers.

Alberto is starting at 3B tonight, so it looks like he's still being given every chance to earn a UT spot.

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I hate 8 relief pitchers right out of the gate unless it is the idea of going with a 4 man rotation and still keeping 12 total.  

We play a game then an off day. Then 6 straight and an off day. Who knows if we get any rain. I would just react to when they need the extra reliever instead of doing it right away. 

3 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Alberto is starting at 3B tonight, so it looks like he's still being given every chance to earn a UT spot.

Yeah two valid points. Won't be surprised if it's Alberto although he really hasn't done much and just seems like a body for the sake of having one at this point. Would maybe rather have had Young Jr. just because he's a cool dude. :)

15 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Who are you DFAing to get Sucre on the roster?

I think Davis plays at 1B on opening day.  What happen after that could be closer to what you wrote IMO.

If it's not Alberto, Wright, or Araujo, one would think it's Wilkerson I guess. 

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

Yeah two valid points. Won't be surprised if it's Alberto although he really hasn't done much and just seems like a body for the sake of having one at this point. Would maybe rather have had Young Jr. just because he's a cool dude. :)

I would keep Wilkerson simply because of the options he has. That way you have infield coverage and can send him up and down. 

I would also not be shocked if Yefry Ramirez is let go. 

Archived