Sherill being looked at by phillies?

Saintbird

Doubtful the Phils trade their top catcher prospect(name is escpaing me, begins with an M) or Carrasco.

But Donald, Savery and Outman or Happ may be possible.

The catcher is Lou Marson, who is on the Olympic team. And Outman was in the Blanton deal.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are You Serious???

I dont know why in the world you'd think they'd be interested in dealing Utley.

Teams loading up to contend trade prospects for the players they get at the deadline. Not their star players. Mcphail wants 2 players that are close to ready .... You know Prospects.

I'm pretty sure he was joking.

Are You Serious???

I dont know why in the world you'd think they'd be interested in dealing Utley.

Teams loading up to contend trade prospects for the players they get at the deadline. Not their star players. Mcphail wants 2 players that are close to ready .... You know Prospects.

The Phillies have Donald ready to fill in for Utley, and they really need a dominant LOOGY if they expect to make some noise in the playoffs.

As for Hamels, he throws a change-up, and everyone knows power pitchers win in October. But a slop-thrower like him can help a team like us with real back-end of the rotation trouble.

If Gillick wants to make his mark before he leaves town after this year, this is his chance! Otherwise, he can just watch Sherrill go to one of his competitors, quickly exit the race for the championship, and slouch off to the retirement home, where after polishing off his tapioca pudding, he can melodramatically sigh, shuffle off to his room, put on his "Cito Gaston is a very nice person!" T-Shirt, and weep quietly in the dark.

The Phillies have Donald ready to fill in for Utley, and they really need a dominant LOOGY if they expect to make some noise in the playoffs.

As for Hamels, he throws a change-up, and everyone knows power pitchers win in October. But a slop-thrower like him can help a team like us with real back-end of the rotation trouble.

If Gillick wants to make his mark before he leaves town after this year, this is his chance! Otherwise, he can just watch Sherrill go to one of his competitors, quickly exit the race for the championship, and slouch off to the retirement home, where after polishing off his tapioca pudding, he can melodramatically sigh, shuffle off to his room, put on his "Cito Gaston is a very nice person!" T-Shirt, and weep quietly in the dark.

The sarcasm in this post may be just subtle enough to make some poster's head explode.

Donald will move to 3B when he's ready, so he's not necessarily blocked by Utley or Rollins.

The catcher is Lou Marson, who is on the Olympic team. And Outman was in the Blanton deal.

Well cross him off then! :)

Thanks, for some reason I can't remember that simple name.

Donald and Happ would be a solid deal...If we were able to add a third player, that woud be great...May not be able to get Savery added but for the Orioles to get a ML ready SS and ML ready pitcher to insert into the rotation, i would think they would be very happy with that return.

Perhaps add in a high ceiling third player and that would be a pretty nice deal for Sherrill.

Not as good as the Dodgers but still, very solid and we would have to be happy with that.

If he can stay at SS, i put Donald #1 on my list of guys I want us to acquire for SS, with DeJesus right behind him.

If we trade Sherrill to the Phils we might be able to get them to take Mora. I spoke to someone from Philadelphia this week on a business matter and we started talking baseball. I asked him about Feliz at third base and he said they don't like him. He defensively matches up with almost the same fielding pct as Mora and his offensive numbers are similar except Mora has knocked in 63 to Feliz's 46. He has missed two straight games with back trouble. They are using Bruntlett for now their backup SS. If it looks like Feliz will be out for any length of time they may take Mora.

Well cross him off then! :)

Thanks, for some reason I can't remember that simple name.

Donald and Happ would be a solid deal...If we were able to add a third player, that woud be great...May not be able to get Savery added but for the Orioles to get a ML ready SS and ML ready pitcher to insert into the rotation, i would think they would be very happy with that return.

Perhaps add in a high ceiling third player and that would be a pretty nice deal for Sherrill.

Not as good as the Dodgers but still, very solid and we would have to be happy with that.

If he can stay at SS, i put Donald #1 on my list of guys I want us to acquire for SS, with DeJesus right behind him.

Yeah I was proposing that deal a few days ago. Noticed Happ got pulled today early so I wonder if something is going down.

I don't think the Dodgers want to trade DeJesus so that could be a deal killer.

We should just trade Bradford and cash for Laroche and be done with Colleti, et al.

Yeah I was proposing that deal a few days ago. Noticed Happ got pulled today early so I wonder if something is going down.

I don't think the Dodgers want to trade DeJesus so that could be a deal killer.

We should just trade Bradford and cash for Laroche and be done with Colleti, et al.

I really doubt we could get LaRoche for Bradford.

Archived