Where are the innings coming from today?

wildcard

The O's need Bundy to go at least 5 innings today.   Givens and Wright pitched any inning yesterday and will probably  be asked to do the same today if the O's are in the game.  That is 7 innings hopefully.

Hess pitches tomorrow.  Cashner on Tuesday.    So  they will not pitch today.   Wed will either be Means or the return of Karns/Yacabonis.

Yacabonis pitched 3 innings yesterday.   Karns pitched 2 innings and Castro pitched 2 innings.  They should not pitch today.  But Castro does have a rubber arm.  So we can't count him out completely.   Depends on how Hyde manages.

Hyde does not want to throw lefties at the Yankees mostly right-handed lineup but he may have to.  The pitchers left are lefties Fry,  Bleier, Means and  righty Araujo.    Araujo vs the Yankees does not sound good unless its a blowout.

I think Hyde asks Fry and/or Means to get through the other  two innings but I not sure about that.

Araujo vs. the bottom of the order (hopefully gets a few outs), he's the sacrificial lamb if it's a blowout; Fry has reverse splits, so he's fine for a couple of innings; Givens only threw 14 pitches, so he could go 1+ if the game is close.

I expect to see Means today for a couple innings.  He’ll just have to use that change up a lot. 

Givens could pitch an inning. Fry. I think we’ll be alright. If Bundy can’t get through five it won’t matter anyway and they can just ride with Means for 3-4 innings in the blowout.

Archived