Where are the owners?

atomic

5 minutes ago, RipkenWay said:

I think the strategy is quite clear and everyone in baseball, including fans, knew this going in to this year. This is a rebuild and everyone and their brother knows this. I’m not sure what exactly you are looking for ownership to say. 

I think what the more baseball savvy folks here think is nothing. I think the OP likes other sports better. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have one of the best young GM’s in the league making decisions. We have an outstanding young manager, one of the best out there. And people are pissed at being 4-5 in the first week and a half of a season we knew would be bad. Pitchforks because an untalented team is playing a game below .500? Yes, today was bad. But there has been some good as well. 

6 minutes ago, RipkenWay said:

I think the strategy is quite clear and everyone in baseball, including fans, knew this going in to this year. This is a rebuild and everyone and their brother knows this. I’m not sure what exactly you are looking for ownership to say. 

The problem for a lot of fans is how small of an impact they have made so far personell-wise. Elias keeps telling us he’s building up a broken infrastructure, but the casual fan wants to see tangible impact.  Just my observational two cents, and even as a more hardcore fan, it is frustrating to watch the current pace.

1 minute ago, Jammer7 said:

We have one of the best young GM’s in the league making decisions. We have an outstanding young manager, one of the best out there. And people are pissed at being 4-5 in the first week and a half of a season we knew would be bad. Pitchforks because an untalented team is playing a game below .500? Yes, today was bad. But there has been some good as well. 

Well this has to be proven, but the new regime has just started. I don't like having to wait, but its going to take 3 or 4 years to for an above .500 team to return.

Getting bent out of shape on a team that isn't trying to win this year isn't a productive use of time.

8 minutes ago, TheOtherRipken said:

The problem for a lot of fans is how small of an impact they have made so far personell-wise. Elias keeps telling us he’s building up a broken infrastructure, but the casual fan wants to see tangible impact.  Just my observational two cents, and even as a more hardcore fan, it is frustrating to watch the current pace.

I can see that perspective. I'd caution that the first six months of a rebuild will probably show little. 

31 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Well this has to be proven, but the new regime has just started. I don't like having to wait, but its going to take 3 or 4 years to for an above .500 team to return.

Getting bent out of shape on a team that isn't trying to win this year isn't a productive use of time.

I meant to write more. You are right that it has to be proven. Mistakes are made by all of them. Being a fan, well that’s our choice. Wait, or don’t. I will, and I will enjoy the ride. 

14 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

I meant to write more. You are right that it has to be proven. Mistakes are made by all of them. Being a fan, well that’s our choice. Wait, or don’t. I will, and I will enjoy the ride. 

I’d rather have the team be good now, but I’m curious to see the process of a rebuild copying what the Astros and other teams are doing.  

Last year was the year to be upset with Orioles, now it’s about watching the process. 

1 hour ago, atomic said:

I am not sure why we would lock this if you dont want to read it dont.  Why is it wrong to expect the owners to talk about the teams strategy going forward.  The Ravens do it.

The Ravens have press conferences with Bisciotti, Ozzie and the gang at the end of the season. They don't have press conferences with the owner the Monday morning after week 2 when they are 1-1 while having a new coach.

3 hours ago, atomic said:

The team is a disgrace and I hear nothing from them.  No interviews in the papers. Nothing on MASN.  No press conferences. Nothing but silence.

I'm not going to negative rep you here. But it's the general understanding that the team is rebuilding. What has changed in your mind that would require intervention from ownership. The group hired Elias to oversee a reduild and we are only about a dozen games into the process.

Ownership said enough by bringing in Mike Elias and Sig Mejdal.

This team was beyond awful last year. You can't just snap your fingers and fix a disaster. It takes years. This is what the first year of a rebuild looks like. It's a good chance we'll have more of these kinds of seasons.

Archived