You make the call

wildcard

5 hours ago, wildcard said:

Yesterday in the 2nd inning Hanser Alberto fielded a ball on the run and fired to Rio Ruiz at first.  Ruiz is not experienced at first and he came off the bag to make the play and then missed the runner with the tag.   Alberto was charged with an error and the inning got extended with 5 runs scoring.

My question is do you think Davis or Mancini would have got an out on that play?   Here is the video.  Its the second play on the video.

https://www.mlb.com/athletics/video/a-s-score-5-in-the-2nd-inning?t=t133-default-vtp

What do you think?

Davis absolutely makes that play.  He does it all the time and saves our infielders many an error.  

Mancini probably would have made the play but I'm not positive.  

Ruiz clearly short armed the tag, which then led to a 5 run inning that we should have been out of.  

Notable changes in the lineup tonight.

Mancini at first.  I hope they stop playing Ruiz at 1B.

Ruiz starts at 3B where he is the the best defensive 3B the O's have.  Hanser Alberto moved off 3B after 2 errors in  the last two games.

Alberto moved to 2B for his bat.  Someone has to hit.  Villar to SS.

9 hours ago, wildcard said:

Yesterday in the 2nd inning Hanser Alberto fielded a ball on the run and fired to Rio Ruiz at first.  Ruiz is not experienced at first and he came off the bag to make the play and then missed the runner with the tag.   Alberto was charged with an error and the inning got extended with 5 runs scoring.

My question is do you think Davis or Mancini would have got an out on that play?   Here is the video.  Its the second play on the video.

https://www.mlb.com/athletics/video/a-s-score-5-in-the-2nd-inning?t=t133-default-vtp

What do you think?

Davis would have probably because that’s his position. But I would rather have Trey playing 1st. 

Archived